Technical Question: Chip Butty

OCD to line up chips in a chip butty

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
The good thing about a chip barm is that usually they give you so many chips that you can open it up and scrape some off to eat separately.

Get a fish as well and chop it in half, fish and chip barm, and fish and chips for afters. :smile:
Beltin'.

Hard to top that one.

Slappy.

Slappy = pie on a barm (with ketchup for me).

B - A - Utiful.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Not a massive fan of chip butties, but round here if you order a fish butty they always throw in a handful of chips. Marge on the tea cake, salt and vinegar on the fish, chips on in random fashion, and no sauce. That would be heresy.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Chips have to be lined up in a butty, any that have slight overhang need re positioning and a smallet one put in its place, once the first layer is in place, you need to do it again but in a brickwork or horizontal/vertical pattern, this is the only way a chip butty should ever be constructed..............end off

Circumcised chip butties!!?? :eek:

That's a new one on me.

Ern1e

Über Member
Well @Ernie_RBR all I will add to the egg banjo would be a nice piece of fried spam then we would be talking lol,fortunatly these days I seem to have given these fat soaked items up (yes this was how I got to 22st 10lbs) but must say do miss them quite a lot.

Colin B

Mobile van does the pig 3 ways muffin spam,sausage and bacon smothered in brown sauce always feel a bit kinky eating it across the way from the abattoir while the pigs are being slaughter

postman

Legendary Member
Off topic, but there is a cafe in Otley that dunks your roast beef sarnie in gravy,oh my it is heaven

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
I had a fried pie once in Biggar.
Had a slice of deep fried pizza once from a van in Killin.

I was very hungry at the time...

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I had a hot pork pie from a burger van at Scotch Corner once. Damn near threw up. I think the girl had just put all the pies in the oven without thinking.

AndyRM

XOXO
Had a slice of deep fried pizza once from a van in Killin.

I was very hungry at the time...

Pizza Crunch is the food of the gods.

It only works with them really shitey cheap little frozen efforts you find in a Heron Foods shop that's about to close down. I got to know my local chippie quite well when I lived in Glasgow and got him to fry me a normal pizza.

Rank.

Ern1e

Über Member
The Dales Cafe,Main road,or it's proper title 1 Orchard Gate,Otley.Right on the corner leading up to the Black Bull pub ,in the place where they hold market days.
Thankyou kind sir that will most def be a visit on the cards next time we are over that way.

Colin B

My wife is grossed out by the French dip which if you don't know is tmk dipping a sandwich in concentrated beef stock well that's what I got .

Top Bottom