Teeny tiny things that drive you nuts out of all proportion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
My health visitor came for first visit, looked at my lovely tiny twins, (boy and girl) and asked, "are they identical?"
Eh? my faith in her evaporated straight away.

Yebbut are they?! :smile:

People who pronounce Bath, Barth.

People who pronounce Year as 'Yur' or 'Yeur'. BBC News are the worst.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
People who stop in doorways, so making the entrance gap narrower. Happens quite often in shop doorways; drives me nuts.
you mean those who think "Right, I've just left a shop so I'll stand here in the doorway of the aforementioned shop whilst I slowly decide whether to go left or right... hmmm which way? hmmmmm" and then they get all shirty when a lanky Lancastrian shouts "Just get out of the fecking way! You're not the only person leaving this sh!thole!!!"

Andy_G

What about those people in white gowns that stand in church's asking "do you" this a "do you" that, and then in not so many words saying thats it your screwed.:cry:

MontyVeda

Sorry ladies but Leopard prints do my nut in... in fact almost all animal prints in fashion do my nut in, they are neither classy, sexy nor sassy.

and now I'm thinking fashion.... Ugg type boots which have collapsed to one side... bin them please, or maybe make mittens out of them in a make do and mend stylee... as they are, your boots are broken!

The top of the thong visible above the waistband of your jeans... that makes me gag.

Lads lads lads.... pull your fecking pants up!!! ...and un-tuck them from your socks!

MontyVeda

people who wait 21 pages before telling us it's a duplicate topic :cursing:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Sorry ladies but Leopard prints do my nut in... in fact almost all animal prints in fashion do my nut in, they are neither classy, sexy nor sassy.

Even if it's Rod...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366408037.999383.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366408075.274949.jpg

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Another I'd forgotten about until earlier is 'Tabloid Speak'. A few get me, such as any young kid being called a 'tot', a dog being a 'pooch' or anyone who is remotely fit being a 'fitness fanatic' (wtf?), but there is one above all else that gets me, and it really is out of proportion, as per the thread title. It is the use of the word 'Chief':

Anyone who is in charge of anything remotely important (usually business or industry), automatically becomes a Chief, which, isn't too bad in itself, except that every time I read it, I end up getting images that it is all in some sort of bizarre business/industry based Western film and they (the Chief) are in charge of an army of Indians who are about to ambush the Cowboys by nicking their businesses away from them using nothing but their cunning, business acumen, corporate espionage , etc etc.

'That son of a b*tch! He waited until we were at that Conference before making his move!!'

Never has the phrase 'This town 'aint big enough for the both of us' been more apt.

I'll get my coat.

Top Bottom