Teeshirt for safe cycling?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It will certainly be interesting to see what the outcome is. Psychology seems to play a huge part in the way you are treated on the road. I think the more human' you can appear the better.

I have always wondered what difference having a picture of my kids on my back with the words... they love their dad..... would have.

Noodley

magnatom said:
I have always wondered what difference having a picture of my kids on my back with the words... they love their dad..... would have.

My kids would probably write 'No we don't we hate him, he's a grumpy bastard' underneath it.

gavintc

Guru
Cab said:
Story here:
http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/cn_news_cambridge/DisplayArticle.asp?ID=354358

Unfortunately, no picture of the teeshirt in question.

Magnatom, you reading this? Keep an eye on this story, if it works then its a good one for your brain scanning, show images of people with one of these teeshirts or in normal clothing.

If the T Shirt, had Alzheimers in large letters I wonder if the following driver would wonder if the cyclist had alzheimers and give a bigger gap simply because of this.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Foska have come up with this which as I live close to Winchester prison, might discourage close passes along the Romsey Road. On the other hand, any escaping lag might not consider this an effective disguise (and the horizontal strips will make me look fat)

jay clock

Massive member
Hi Bollo, I am also very near Winchester Prison - if I see you out and about I will effect a citizen's arrest and take you back in!

jpembroke

magnatom said:
It will certainly be interesting to see what the outcome is. Psychology seems to play a huge part in the way you are treated on the road. I think the more human' you can appear the better.

I remember postulating this idea on C+ forum ages back. Large photos of children would be good + their name perhaps, or simple words like 'Mother of 3', 'Father and main wage earner', 'Somebody's Daughter'. Perhaps job titles would work e.g. 'Nurse in transit'

Anything that would humanise the cyclist would be a good thing.

'PSYCHOPATH!' ?

Top Bottom