Tell me about your day......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Assisted a tech engineer on a fault with a packing machine. Its nice when you've looked at it, done this, done that, considered all the normal causes...to find nothing, and the tech guy can't find it either. There's nothing worse than missing something simple, so I can rest easy.
1 hour spent trying to figure why another machine kept jamming up...concluded the machine is ok, the label is at fault.
Re fixed a fluorescent fitting that had been knocked loose.
Repaired some pump up pallet trucks...came within an inch of smashing my knee with a lump hammer, they're horrible things to fix, everythings rusty and seized, you have to batter everything to get it to move.
Various minor faults on other stuff.

A good day...busy enough to be interesting, but not stressfull busy.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I have done nothing, absolutely nothing!

Captain Scarlet

Über Member
A wet start to the day so watched a couple of films at work while waiting for the rain to stop.

Then shifted some furniture, moved a water pump. Then had a fire in the afternoon.

Managed to get some extra overtime to help cover the cost of repairing the dent and scratches that she put on her car we've had a month.

hoopdriver

Guru
Juggled three stories I am working on, edited a couple hundred photos I need to send to my agency, wrote a lot of emails and made a pot if chilli for dinner...

F70100

Who, me ?
4am alarm, drove an hour to work, did my 8hrs penance. Beer & pizza for tea. Setting alarm now for 0320 tomorrow. Anyone want a wake-up call ?

Thought not :dry:

Work this morning, but once a week I get the afternoon off and today was it :smile:
So I was on my bike by 1.45, rode home via Linlithgow and a few hills, 40 mostly sunny miles, managed to dodge the worst of the sleety showers. Now munching my way through a pack of Cadburys Jaffa Cakes, imo somewhat superior to McVities'.:smile:

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
Rode to work, read some Kant, took bike to LBS (thanks Mr Manager for letting me) so they could order me some parts, pretended to work, read some more Kant, pretended to work, rode home, bathed kids, grovelled to their mother (note to self, never tell her she's wrong), took the bins out, checked oil & anti-freeze for her car, made kids supper, wrote this, about to put kids to bed & read a story, more editing of one of my books coming while I throw yet another pizza in the over, probably watch that Froom thing I recorded the other night and theeeeeen, crash out, ready for more of the same agaaaaaaaaain.

Mrs M

Guru
Had a mini lie in, got to work at 7.50.
Busy day as usual, fire alarm went off, everybody out in the freezing cold.
Went to Sainsbury's, lasagne for tea.
Cat's behaviour is getting worse, psst up against hubs recliner, chucked out to think about what he did.
Relaxing with a coffee, Tunnocks tea cake, or two and watching Foyles War.

Top Bottom