Ten Thousand Kilometers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jezston

Über Member
A number I estimate to be that which I will have cycled by the end of the year.

But this isn't why I'm here, the thing is - numerically speaking, ten thousand kilometers to me sounds weird - it would be like saying ten thousand kilobytes in digital storage terms. You wouldn't say that, you'd say ten megabytes.

So have ridden ten thousand kilometers this year, or have I ridden ten megameters?

classic33

Leg End Member

D

Deleted member 1258

A number I estimate to be that which I will have cycled by the end of the year.

But this isn't why I'm here, the thing is - numerically speaking, ten thousand kilometers to me sounds weird - it would be like saying ten thousand kilobytes in digital storage terms. You wouldn't say that, you'd say ten megabytes.

So have ridden ten thousand kilometers this year, or have I ridden ten megameters?

Whats that in English? I'm over 5000 miles so far this year.

D

Deleted member 1258

I cant recall the exact figure but 1km approximately equal circa 0.609miles so 5000miles is in the region of 8210km. I that weird generation that calculates in metric but thinks in imperial :wacko:

Cheers for that, I'm pure imperial, I can work in metric but it doesn't mean anything, in imperial I know roughly what an inch or a foot is, a mm or cm is meaningless.

vorsprung

Veteran
it would be like saying ten thousand kilobytes in digital storage terms. You wouldn't say that, you'd say ten megabytes.
Remind me to not hire you as a computer expert

OP
OP
Jezston

Jezston

Über Member
It isnt in exact terms, 1 kilobyte = 1024 bytes, 1 megabyte = 1024 kilobytes, 10,000 kilobytes = 10.24 MB :P

Don't forget that binary complies with the power of 2!

You were right about kilobytes being 1024 bytes, but a megabyte is 1000 kilobytes.

Top Bottom