Tesco dig themselves a hole, and keep digging

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lee_M

Guru
There's a thread going on on the Tesco facebook site I started yesterday that is setting back Tesco customer relations somewhat.

They failed to deliver my groceries on time yesterday (ok so these things happen), but when I phoned up to complain I was told they could reschedule the delivery (good), but they would refund the first bill and charge me for the second delivery!

The problem being the new charge is immediate and the refund takes 3-5 days.
So I would be subsidising Tesco for 3-5 days, and no there isn't an option to classify this as a redelivery and use the money they already have off me.

The thread has been going on since yesterday and Tesco dont seem to understand the issue, they seem to think its fine to do this, and cant see why anyone would have a problem.

So anyone else think that - if you bought a new bike that didn't get delivered would you be happy to pay for a new one while you waited for the refund on the first to appear a week later?

Arch

Married to Night Train
It's just like when you pay bills by a set Direct Debit amount and end up in credit - companies will prevaricate about refunding you your own money. I think you're right to be annoyed, but I'm not surprised by it all.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
My local Tesco Express likes to think it's in Greenwich and not in Deptford. They've even produced a map for their special offers they stick in my letter box that places it in a Wetherspoons half a mile away from where it is actually located. I showed the map to a cashier but I hadn't bargained for her complete inability to read a map. Still it's only just across the road from a Sainsbury's so boycotting them is a fairly easy task.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
My local Tesco Express likes to think it's in Greenwich and not in Deptford. They've even produced a map for their special offers they stick in my letter box that places it in a Wetherspoons half a mile away from where it is actually located. I showed the map to a cashier but I hadn't bargained for her complete inability to read a map. Still it's only just across the road from a Sainsbury's so boycotting them is a fairly easy task.

Hey, Deptford has a Waitrose now... or is it in Greenwich? ^_^

subaqua

What’s the point
It's just like when you pay bills by a set Direct Debit amount and end up in credit - companies will prevaricate about refunding you your own money. I think you're right to be annoyed, but I'm not surprised by it all.
really? EDF keep trying in December to give back what we have accrued over the year for the big winter gas bill. they seem to fail to understand the whole concept of equal monthly payments to cover a whole year.

OP
OP
Lee_M

Lee_M

Guru
But it's not a bike. It's a bag of groceries. Either get a sense of proportion or go and do your own shopping.

its a bag of groceries that cost about the same as some people on here spend on bikes, so I think my sense of proportion is fully functional

but thats irrelevant - the point is why should they hold onto my money if theyve farked up, or is that too difficult for you to understand?

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
its a bag of groceries that cost about the same as some people on here spend on bikes, so I think my sense of proportion is fully functional

but thats irrelevant - the point is why should they hold onto my money if theyve f***ed up, or is that too difficult for you to understand?

It's a disproportionate amount of fuss. End of. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom