Tesco dig themselves a hole, and keep digging

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
Doesn't everyone have two Building Society accounts and write cheques from one to the other to get double the interest while the cheque clears. Not always possible with electronic transfers now. :sad:

OP
OP
Lee_M

Lee_M

Guru
It's a disproportionate amount of fuss. End of. :thumbsup:

exactly why is it disproportionate?

must be nice to be so rich you can throw a couple of hundred quid around and not worry like you obviously can

snorri

Legendary Member
. But Every Lidl Helps..
FTFY

:smile:

hobbitonabike

Formerly EbonyWillow
This shouldn't be a thread about how or why you get your shopping a certain way. It is a matter of crappy customer service and the fact that this company are happy to take your money...not provide you with the service you have paid for. Say they will refund...great...but not for X days and in the meantime if you want the goods you have to pay out again...essentially paying double until the refund comes back...not everyone has the money available to do that. Funny how companys rip your hand off to get your money but make their own rules for giving it back even when they are at fault! FWIW never had a problem with asda home delivery. If I did it was fixed same day at no cost to me. I do go to aldi now though lol

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Friend of mine was caught out by this.

She hasn't much money and runs her current account at a low balance, checking it every day.

The delay in the refund and second charge meant a direct debit bounced.

Might have had something to do with cleared and uncleared funds.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Friend of mine was caught out by this.

She hasn't much money and runs her current account at a low balance, checking it every day.

The delay in the refund and second charge meant a direct debit bounced.

Might have had something to do with cleared and uncleared funds.

In other words, yes, it can be a big deal.

Also, if they can take your money, instantly, why can't they (and don't they) refund your money, instantly.

Also, why should they expect you to suffer *any* negative consequences because of *their* failure?

If that really is their policy, it's piss poor, and could be one of the kinds of things that underlies Tescos' recent slide from probably the most successful story in retailing to a sad tale in how did they go so badly wrong so fast? Too busy with overstretching themselves overseas to keep close to their customers here at home.

And don't underestimate the damage these kinds of 'little stories' can do, especially in the internet era. It only took one dumb comment to bring Ratners down; one bad story 'with legs' can easily have a real impact on even the biggest company's end of year results.

Top Bottom