Texan bat-wielding pensioner drives into cyclists.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

trampyjoe

Arrested for 'criminal mischief'. Awesome.

What a twonk though, and those in the comments.

buggi

Bird Saviour
that charge probably carries a higher sentence in America than death by dangerous driving carries here.

OP
OP
glenn forger

glenn forger

Police said he later returned to the scene where he was arrested and charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and criminal mischief.

the deadly weapon being the vehicle rather than the bat, I guess.

I actually think that this was played reasonably well.

The old guy comes across as an aggressive loon, and whilst it would have been so easy to escalate this, ovepower him, and possibly injure him......not doing so gives the moral high ground to the cyclists.

Jezston

Über Member
Is basically what you are trying to say is I actually think that this was played reasonably well.

The old guy comes across as an aggressive loon, and whilst it would have been so easy to escalate this, ovepower him, and possibly injure him......not doing so gives the moral high ground to the cyclists?

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
He's one of those people that can't stop repeating everything he says, I said he can't stop repeating everything he says.

ayceejay

Guru
As this is Texas look on the bright side- the old guy stepped out of his truck with a baseball bat - hanging on the wall behind his seat could be an automatic assault weapon which is legal and far more dangerous than a bat.

My apologies, for some reason, every time I use the "Page Back" button, the post is resubmitted!
Is basically what you are trying to say is I actually think that this was played reasonably well.

The old guy comes across as an aggressive loon, and whilst it would have been so easy to escalate this, ovepower him, and possibly injure him......not doing so gives the moral high ground to the cyclists?

Basically.................

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Texas often has few enough fans among the other states, what with this sort of behavior and comments. And their governor running around to other states, trying to get businesses to move to Texas for the lower taxes, as well as the poor social services and educational systems, of which you see the product here. Poverty of the mind and soul.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/11/state-education-rankings-_n_894528.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...-finan_n_2622002.html?ir=Education&ref=topbar
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_poverty_rate
I think this was played reasonably well, as well.

That all happened just a few miles up the road and it's something I and many other cyclists around here get to see on a regular basis. While there are miles and miles of great back roads to go explore, the local, generally pickup, drivers think they own the road. I've been buzzed by a 90 year old white year granny in an F250 with a 12 gauge hanging in the back window and I wasn't saying or yelling a word. It's just one of the joys of rural Texas living. The one time I did yell and wave the finger a guy stopped his truck and jumped out with a 45, asking if there was a problem. I think I managed to use the word sir more than a dozen times in one sentence.

Top Bottom