Texting on a horse!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brokenflipflop

Veteran
1686960 said:
Don't flatter yourself. There are one or two things slightly further up the list of unreasonableness, yours is just a bit pathetically sad really.
Ady, if I was all lefty and mother earth and super-intellectual like thee then we wouldn't have these wonderful spats and debates of our two opposite opinions. :hugs:

Ashtrayhead

Über Member
If one factors in the tax on a car purchase, the income tax paid by everyone employed in the car industry and all business's dependant on vehicles, fuel duty and VED, and the fact that only a fraction of the VED alone is spent on roads every year then I'd suggest revenue collected as a consequence of the motor car must subsidise a lot of other things e.g. NHS, Asylum seekers, London etc etc.

I do use my vehicle for dozens of completely unnecessary trips but I've Just been to the Coop in the SUV for some milk, jelly babies and Soreen - it is about 450 metres though so I could argue it was justified. Also every trip I take I always think the fuel duty I pay is helping to pay for a Romanian Asylum seekers lunch. :smile:

What a coincidence! I got the same in my local coop this evening (except the jelly babies) and the Soreen is on offer at 50p! They also do the best tea ever....Indian Prince, although they no longer do it loose leaf.

brokenflipflop

Veteran
I hope you didn't drive there Ashtrayhead otherwise Adrian will go off his nut. When the kids were at home we'd do a big shop at Tesco once a week but we can't be bothered now so we visit the local Coop nearly every day.

Now I'm a bit posh and intellectual like Adrian, reading the Guardian and all, I'd like to shop at Waitrose but they don't have them around here.:smile:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
1687281 said:
****ing right I'm posh.

But I don't like to make an issue of it.

I've been labouring under the delusion that you were amiable riff-raff. Now I know it's real verdigris, facetiousness will be a thing of the past.

MissTillyFlop

Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.
Only one would be a distinct possibility and the other just pie in the sky.:smile:

I'm reading the Guardian now because I want to be all high brow and clever and yet my grammar is rubbish. Does anyone know why ?

Because you didn't have my amazing English teacher, who took us off syllabus for three months in A-level English Language because her "three-year-old has a better grasp of grammar than you lot. It's pathetic".

brokenflipflop

Veteran
See what's happened....Adrian and pig have gone off on one with a Guardian conversation that I don't understand.

I want to be able to do that. Bloody Hell !

brokenflipflop

Veteran
Because you didn't have my amazing English teacher, who took us off syllabus for three months in A-level English Language because her "three-year-old has a better grasp of grammar than you lot. It's pathetic".
I did have an "O" level English teacher who once called me "disgusting". In my defence the bell had just gone for the end of break so I stuffed nearly all of my Penguin bar in my gob. Just then Miss Brown came in and saw my bulging cheeks and told me to spit whatever was in my mouth into the bin.....it wasn't a pretty sight, hence her remark.

I was good at PE....but crap at everything else but hopefully, now I read the Guardian, I can be like my homeboy Adrian.:smile:

MissTillyFlop

Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.
I did have an "O" level English teacher who once called me "disgusting". In my defence the bell had just gone for the end of break so I stuffed nearly all of my Penguin bar in my gob. Just then Miss Brown came in and saw my bulging cheeks and told me to spit whatever was in my mouth into the bin.....it wasn't a pretty sight, hence her remark.

I was good at PE....but crap at everything else but hopefully, now I read the Guardian, I can be like my homeboy Adrian.:smile:

You are like the anti-me. I would love to to have been one of the sporty kids at school!

I was that child who would rather spend playtime reading a book than going outside. I only wish my parents had taught me how to ride a bike when I was youger and got me a decent bike so I could have pootled around North Wales being anti-social but vigorous way!

BTW, I did genuinely love my English teacher, she was amazing and also stopped me from getting expelled from college!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
yup same here... from my desk at work I watch slow moving traffic heading for Morecambe all day long which never seems to ease up, it just goes even slower around 9am and 5pm... what is the point in going to Morecambe FFS!!!
It gets them out of Lancaster? :whistle:

(I should own up to never having visited Morecambe or Lancaster, so I don't know the realtive merits of them!)

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
It gets them out of Lancaster? :whistle:

(I should own up to never having visited Morecambe or Lancaster, so I don't know the realtive merits of them!)

Morecambe has been in steady decline since the Morecambe and Lancaster councils merged, oddly, Lancaster seems to have been on the up and up. Morecambe can be nice, especially when you're on the prom with your back to Morecambe looking towards the Cumbrian Mountains at sunset, or heading back to Lancaster. :thumbsup:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
1687600 said:
Don't run yourself down so, you have knowledge and skills that others don't. I for instance have no idea whatsoever what it means to be your homeboy.
Perhaps he means catamite?

OP
OP
B

Bicycle

Perhaps he means catamite?

Oddly, that was the word my mental auto-edit replaced 'homeboy' with when I read the post.

Knowing neither party I have no reason to think this, but I saw the word applying to the author, not the subject.

I fear I may have done someone a terrible wrong in writing this, although I may simply have provided the catalytist to act on an unfulfilled wish.

Everyone should be happy. And so should everyone else. I fear this thing has drifted off-topic. :whistle:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Morecambe has been in steady decline since the Morecambe and Lancaster councils merged, oddly, Lancaster seems to have been on the up and up. Morecambe can be nice, especially when you're on the prom with your back to Morecambe looking towards the Cumbrian Mountains at sunset, or heading back to Lancaster. :thumbsup:
Sounds like it might be worth a long summer forum ride to check them out! We could do a tough hilly route out (Widdop, Fence, Nick O'Pendle, Waddington Fell, Trough of Bowland, Jubilee Tower, Quernmore) have a cafe stop somewhere in Morecambe or Lancaster, then ride back via Longridge, Padiham and Todmorden. I haven't checked the numbers, but I reckon we could make that a '200'.

Top Bottom