Texting on a horse!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Linford

1712918 said:
People have stopped hunting foxes?

They have with all the ones I've been out to see. It is all drag hunting and some dude riding on ahead to lay a trail nowadays. Always seem to see the police make an appearance, but never hang around long. If there still were widespread law breaking, the sabs would have a whole lot more evidence than they have now what with 185 hunts going out twice a week. It seems most of the trouble comes from the sabs getting trod on when they get in the way than actual foxes being caught, and a lot more of them actually get killed on the roads by vehicles than any other way.

Linford

1712942 said:
I have on occasion wondered whether the numbers killed by cars make the hunting pretty much irelevant.

I read somewhere that there are apparently 250k foxes in the UK, and 100k of them die on the roads each year. The real hunting bit has been banned in the acknowledged sense, but they still look to control the numbers with terriers, and marksmen. I don't know much about this side TBH, but the bits of the hunts I've seen have always had some dude chasing off ahead dragging something behind him, the hounds picking up the trail and then the riders chasing after them.

lukesdad

Mainly foot hunts round here now, as most of the land owners have stopped allowing hunts ( me included ) nothing to do with the foxes. The hunts do to much damage to property with no offer of making damage right.

Linford

It seems to be very structured with hierarchy and a boss man who leads the way. Many of the riders are youngsters who are kacking it, and desperately trying to keep up. It is very physically demanding on all who take part, and they can cover a good few miles, mostly in the farmers fields, sometimes on the roads, always out in the arse end of nowhere.

brokenflipflop

Veteran
I kill hundreds of insects on the front of my Audi Q7 4.2 DTI Quattro S-Line and that's fine, kill a fox and the loony left go all eggy and have a strop. They're all God's creatures - what's the difference ?

Hang on, let's think about this. Foxes kill chickens, insects don't, ergo insects should possibly be protected and foxes should be hunted down and exterminated. Yes, that makes sense :thumbsup:

Linford

I kill hundreds of insects on the front of my Audi Q7 4.2 DTI Quattro S-Line and that's fine, kill a fox and the loony left go all eggy and have a strop. They're all God's creatures - what's the difference ?

Hang on, let's think about this. Foxes kill chickens, insects don't, ergo insects should possibly be protected and foxes should be hunted down and exterminated. Yes, that makes sense :thumbsup:

You can drop the '4.2 DTI Quattro S-Line' bit now. I get the idea :thumbsup:
Anyway, if I had to say that everytime I mentioned my 4x4, I'd have everybody running for the door. I'm beginning to warm to the idea of '4x4' It sounds far more 'rugged' don't you think ? ;)

OP
OP
B

Bicycle

1712976 said:
Left to their own devices how many do hunts hunt, compared to the road deaths?
Very few, I believe. The main threat to cyclists is other road users. Hunts account for very few of us.

Linford

1713022 said:
You wish, he's been doing it for weeks now. My advice would be to not let any annoyance show, there's no solid evidence either way but you might just be encouraging him if you comment on it.

Without courting too much controversy, whilst having a break from here for a few years, my presence amongst the regulars goes back to the days of C+. I had some fairly robust exchanges which really didn't do anyone any favours on either side of the fence, and primarily driven by the massive ego's being waived around.
The forum vibe seems a lot more personable now than back then, and it appears to me to be a much better place for it :becool:

Ok, I've just read the entire thread (yes I am that bored!). To save anyone else the hassle I'd like to proffer a summary:
Brokenflipflop thinks:
Horses should not be allowed on roads, especially when being ridden by people with posh names.
Reading the Guardian is the height of sophistication and should therefore be used as an insult.
Driving a 4.2 DTI Quattro S-Line makes up for him having a small penis (and obviously other issues)
Adrian is his "homeboy"

Everyone else thinks:
Landrovers are great and BFF is a bit of a pr*ck.

Did I miss anything?

Linford

Ok, I've just read the entire thread (yes I am that bored!). To save anyone else the hassle I'd like to proffer a summary:
Brokenflipflop thinks:
Horses should not be allowed on roads, especially when being ridden by people with posh names.
Reading the Guardian is the height of sophistication and should therefore be used as an insult.
Driving a 4.2 DTI Quattro S-Line makes up for him having a small penis (and obviously other issues)
Adrian is his "homeboy"

Everyone else thinks:
Landrovers are great and BFF is a bit of a pr*ck.

Did I miss anything?

I spoke too soon :whistle:

Linford

Never mind this txting crap. The real question is whether Linford is Brokenflipflop pre 1967?

Smeggers reckoned that a comp should be run to find me a new Avatar, BFF thought I was a Guardianista and suggested a arty B&W pic to suit - I felt compelled to comply. (the bit about me being a Guardianista though :rofl: )

brokenflipflop

Veteran
Ady, you have homeboys too. If I've seen "Marinyork, User13710 and canrider like this" once, I've seen it a hundred times. I thinks they like you lots and lots.:smooch:

Top Bottom