Texting on a horse!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brokenflipflop

Veteran
Big car - check
small men - I'm not tall - check
acorn penis - check

I can confirm that I fit your profile for owning an Audi Q7 4.2 DTI Quattro S-Line.:smile:

Off road ? It's just great on our crappy pot-holed roads, daft speed humps and gravel backings.

Didn't consider it when I got it but it appears it also pisses off sanctimonious Guardian readers too. It's also now helping warm the earth to fend off the new ice age that the "experts" have predicted. I really can't think of a down side :dance:

OP
OP
B

Bicycle

I drive my Audi Q7 4.2 DTI Quattro S-Line down the road to the Coop nearly every day and it runs like a dream and never misses a beat. It's a bonus that those stupid speed humps don't slow it down like it does on the poor people's cars and when I took it off-road (the backings opposite to avoid a traffic jam) it was equally as impressive.:thumbsup:

I've identified you as an organic poultry farmer and I claim my prize. Hurrah!

Linford

I drive my Audi Q7 4.2 DTI Quattro S-Line down the road to the Coop nearly every day and it runs like a dream and never misses a beat. It's a bonus that those stupid speed humps don't slow it down like it does on the poor people's cars and when I took it off-road (the backings opposite to avoid a traffic jam) it was equally as impressive.:thumbsup:

Sticking them on the pavement opposite the school gate doesn't really qualify as 'offroad' though. I'm using mine today as my o/h wanted to use the regular road car, but I'd not use it for running around town in by choice - It is a squeeze in the car parks, hard to get a parking space on the road with, juicy as hell, and not that nippy.

If you wanted to demonstrate to your neighbours how much disposable income you have, instead of living with the massive depreciation of the Q7, why not just run a regualr car and have a bonfire every couple of months in your front garden with £10 notes ? ;)

OP
OP
B

Bicycle

1708360 said:
What about the using it to go shooting, or is it me who is misremembering your stories?

You are misremembering. I'm the one who uses a Q7 for shooting.

I'm not a great shot; damage to the vehicle has been minor to date. I have no idea who owns it.

Hip Priest

Veteran
I always encounter horseriders on my rides. Once I even encountered a hunt. They're always very friendly, even to a prole like me. The texting thing is annoying from any road user.

VamP

Banned
Once I even encountered a hunt.

Like this? 'tis an awesome sight, and the sound of the bloodhounds baying sends shivers down my spine every time.

winter 2011 mixture 049 smaller.jpg

Linford

I always encounter horseriders on my rides. Once I even encountered a hunt. They're always very friendly, even to a prole like me. The texting thing is annoying from any road user.

The honest answer is that the majority of people who join the hunt are regular people scratching a living like the rest of the people in society. All I've spoken to are primarily horse mad, and use the opportunity to go and ride them at a gallop where they would otherwise not have the opportunity to do this. At roughly £20-£25 per day for the cap, it compares against a day on a fun ride, as a day in competition doing a Cross country, or show jumping.
The ones with the wedge are usually the ones who host the hunts (farmers), but that has always been the case.

VamP

Banned
The honest answer is that the majority of people who join the hunt are regular people scratching a living like the rest of the people in society. All I've spoken to are primarily horse mad, and use the opportunity to go and ride them at a gallop where they would otherwise not have the opportunity to do this. At roughly £20-£25 per day for the cap, it compares against a day on a fun ride, as day i competition doing a Cross country, or show jumping.
The ones with the wedge are usually the ones who host the hunts (farmers), but that has always been the case.

Tru dat. It's the most bang for your buck you can have with a horse.

The vast majority of horsey people are permanently skint as all their disposable goes into their passion. It's like cycling cubed :biggrin:

brokenflipflop

Veteran
The honest answer is that the majority of people who join the hunt are regular people scratching a living like the rest of the people in society. All I've spoken to are primarily horse mad, and use the opportunity to go and ride them at a gallop where they would otherwise not have the opportunity to do this. At roughly £20-£25 per day for the cap, it compares against a day on a fun ride, as a day in competition doing a Cross country, or show jumping.
Does that mean my taxes are paying for scroats to have fibre broadband, Sky TV and "the hunt" :smile:

Seriously though, nowt wrong with chasing and culling pesky foxes etc but do they have to ride on the road - it's dangerous.

Linford

Does that mean my taxes are paying for scroats to have fibre broadband, Sky TV and "the hunt" :smile:

Seriously though, nowt wrong with chasing and culling pesky foxes etc but do they have to ride on the road - it's dangerous.

You've got it in one. Diversity is something which has been chased hard in the last few years. I do see this as a fundamental part of our heritage (if only in spirit now). The spectacle of the event in this form is something which I see as very British. The Army does plenty of practising running up and down parade grounds and obstacle courses with bits of cannons whilst not actually shooting anyone with them so why be so hard on them as long as they stay within the written law.

Anyway, Dangerous to ride on the road - Dangerous to who, them or you BFF ?

Linford

I could have sworn that Diversity was all about encouraging traditions, and cultural differences amongst the different groups of people who we live amongst. Who better to start with than our own ;)

Top Bottom