That Derren Brown lottery trick

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob S

Right, surprise surprise, he guessed all six lottery numbers correctly tonight.....how do you think he did it?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Rob S said:
Right, surprise surprise, he guessed all six lottery numbers correctly tonight.....how do you think he did it?
I reckon he used magic. He is a Magician after all.

OP
OP
Rob S

Rob S

Fab Foodie said:
I reckon he used magic. He is a Magician after all.

Nah....he waited until I flicked over to BBC1 to check it was live and then switched the numbers prop we saw with one of the 13,983,816 identical looking props hidden behind the telly. It's obvious.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Its simple, he guessed a load of numbers, and they filmed him guessing.
Then, they found out what the numbers were going to be(been rigged) and just played the right one.
Its simple.

Garz

Squat Member
Joe24 said:
Its simple, he guessed a load of numbers, and they filmed him guessing.
Then, they found out what the numbers were going to be(been rigged) and just played the right one.
Its simple.

Yes. He would have twisted it slightly but I think this will be the method.

Lisa21

Mooching.............
Dont know, dont care...............that man actually IS God:tongue:

Have always thought he is fantastic:biggrin:

OP
OP
Rob S

Rob S

I noticed that from the moment the first ball started to roll until the sixth ball rolled he stayed in exactly the same pose holding very still although you could see that it wasn't still or a loop a la Mr Reeves on the bus in Speed. The camera was handhelld and seemed to behave the same during his pre-amble as during the filming of the numbers being drawn and afterwards too. No splitscreen thing going on by the looks of it.

Not sure what to make of the bit he said about the meeting with Camelot, the upshot of which is the BBC have the legal right to announce the numbers before anyone else does....as Derren's prediction isn't an announcement of the numbers he should've been able to show them beforehand. Just a plothole I guess.

darkstar

Hmmm i'm not sure how the thousands of people who play the lottery would feel if the results were rigged for the purpose of a Channel 4 program... The BBC would not have rigged it, there has to be a reasonable explanation for it though, like when he seemingly predicted the results of horse races but in fact did the experiment with thousands of people, to which of course at least one would come out successful.
Brilliant though!

rogersavery

The left half of the screen was overlayed with a still picture - hence the big gap between him on the right (the live image) and the balls on the left

the numbers were then set as the results were shown and the still picture faded out to reveil the live image of the balls.

Derren is too dishonest in my opinion, his show on Friday about how he did it will be 100% bs

I saw him live once and he claims to not use stooges, the only possible way he could do what he did was to use stooges and to be 100% dishonest about how he does things.

Like the russian rullet trick he did - he claimed live amo was used, but it was later revealed that using live amo was illegal and the film company said something along the lines of 'no law was broken'

OP
OP
Rob S

Rob S

rogersavery said:
The left half of the screen was overlayed with a still picture - hence the big gap between him on the right (the live image) and the balls on the left

the numbers were then set as the results were shown and the still picture faded out to reveil the live image of the balls.

It wasn't a still picture....it was a handheld camera and both halves of the screen moved in synch

rogersavery

both cameras were fixed - the final combined picture broadcast to the public was moving to make it look like a hand held camera

Why use a hand held camera for studio work? The effect was only added to fool people

Just because the cast in star trek all run to the left as the camera tilts to the left does not mean the enterprise is tilting

Top Bottom