That time of year again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

20161210_095936.jpg

Attachments

• 20161210_095936.jpg
    20161210_095936.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 32

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Horrible!!:ohmy:

gavgav

Guru
Ah, yes. The hedges round here are undergoing a second round of hacking.:rolleyes: I've finally got Marathons on both end of the knockabout bike which seem to be shrugging off the thorns well so far (goes to touch wood).
The road from Atcham up to Betton was strewn with it last weekend, the Marathons coped ok with no punctures :okay:

D

Deleted member 1258

I had two punctures last winter due to hedge cutting, I was not impressed. Changing a tube on the rear in sub zero conditions is not my idea of fun.

Chris S

Legendary Member

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
From tonights journey home - you'll probably guess I was in the car today but a decent number of cyclists commute along this road:
H001.JPG
H002.JPG
H003.JPG

To be honest it doesn't look as bad in these dash cam pics as it did in real time, but you can clearly see how the hedge trimmings extend from the footpath right across the central white line. Last time this was done it was left like this until the weather and traffic cleared the detritus away.

It's been reported via fixmystreet but it will be interesting to see if anything gets done.

hoopdriver

Guru
I had two punctures last winter due to hedge cutting, I was not impressed. Changing a tube on the rear in sub zero conditions is not my idea of fun.
That is why in winter months I always ride on Marathon Plus. I like knowing when I go out that I will not be sitting onsome cold muddy roadside fiddling with a flabby inner tube and tyre and mucking about with some mini pump. It’s bad enough on a warm sunny day, when you would still much rather be cruising along. It’s intolerable in the cold and wet.

Top Bottom