That's given me the creeps...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
On a cycling holiday in the Cotswolds my fried and I found a nice spot to make tea, but couldn't get the stove to stay lit so we moved on.
8 years later I found out that very spot was where the village gallows had been?!!

Milo

Guru
How hilly are the cotsworlds ?
Not actually really had a look and i only live a few miles away ish.
Thinking of doing a touch of light touring on me road bike but want to avoid big hill routes with my gearing.

yenrod

buggi said:
i'm sure i've told you before, but my workplace is apparently haunted... the name of the road is Gallows Hill... which will give you a clue, not far from Warwick Castle.

Besides the usual ghost sitings, being pushed down the stairs, ghostly faces looking IN through the windows on the 3rd floor and the sounds of children playing and the sounds of horses hooves... the latest is one of the cleaner's got bitten by something and had the marks to prove it!

The thing about ghosts is that; and ive had a few things happen to me before now, is that its not the actual ghost that scares me its the PRETENCE or the fact that something COULD be amiss / about to happen..the actual ghost isnt such a deal - he's says SOO bravely in this house on my own...:tired:

yenrod

Though saying that Buggs: if you are really scared I understand you have animals - they're are supposedly very sensitive and they can tell of any 'etheral' happenings...

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Dave?

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
miloat said:
How hilly are the cotsworlds ?
Not actually really had a look and i only live a few miles away ish.
Thinking of doing a touch of light touring on me road bike but want to avoid big hill routes with my gearing.

It's pretty hilly in places, although that tour was 15 years ago and my memory is good at erasing hills.

My memories are we cycled from London to Bath over two days and then up to up to and over the M4 to Cheltenham(that did involve a lot of climbing!!) for a few nights. Then we went to the top of Oxfordshire stopped the night and returned to London the following day.

surfgurl

yenrod said:
The thing about ghosts is that; and ive had a few things happen to me before now, is that its not the actual ghost that scares me its the PRETENCE or the fact that something COULD be amiss / about to happen..the actual ghost isnt such a deal - he's says SOO bravely in this house on my own...:tired:

I agree with that.
A few months ago I woke up in the middle of the night to see a man walking passed the foot of the bed and along the side where hubby was sleeping. The man got to just in front of the wall and disappeared. Whether he 'went through' the wall or not I don't know. I was perfectly calm and wasn't bothered about the man in my bedroom. I was terrified by the fact I couldn't move.
I lay there struggling and trying to get my arms to move and my throat to shout to hubby. It took a little while to be able to move. By which time I had sort of built up power in my arms and whacked hubby round the head, hurting my hand in the process.

Top Bottom