The 2015 Half Century (50 KM or 50 Mile) A Month Challenge - Chatzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Leescfc79

Über Member
Only just seen this thread, can I join a month late and log rides etc. Obviously wont be able to complete the year challenge but hoping to motivate myself to complete my own '11 month half century challenge'.

13 rider

Guru
Only just seen this thread, can I join a month late and log rides etc. Obviously wont be able to complete the year challenge but hoping to motivate myself to complete my own '11 month half century challenge'.
I believe you can you the challenge at many time . for me if you have done a 50 km ride in Jan I can't see why you can't back date the claim after all the rides are self policed and done on trust .if not go for the eleven months . But I don't make the rules such as they are but it seems fairly relaxed see what the general consensus is

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yes - it's all only a bit of fun, so go for it! An annual target, plus monthly metric and half metric century challenges are getting me out on my bike more than I otherwise would be in the winter months.

Rustybucket

Veteran
Ive only managed 1 ride this Feb, been out of action for a week with a stomach bug. Hopefully will have enough energy to get out at the weekend. This is my only opportunity this month to do my planned 100km!
I have entered to do the Evans Ride It event (Sandown park) on 1st of March thou!

Katherine

Guru
I put strava on my phone to start getting more information about my rides and then I forgot to turn it on!
Finally built up enough extra side roads bits to turn my regular 22 mile ride into a 50 K. I won't always have time though.

13 rider

Guru
Hi just completed another metric half century .This challenge has taken over my riding I no longer can go out for a 20 miler I always have a32 mile target .Just realised my last 10 Sunday rides have all been over 50k and many over 50m and I'm loving it !!!! .The challenge has really motivated to do the miles . Thanks @ColinJ for the Idea of the challenge

Last edited:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I fear I may struggle to keep going with this. January went well, and glad I got the February one in early. Been bed bound the last 10 days with my rhabdomyolysis again, so not likely back on the bike for probably 10 - 14 days, then gently gently. Can I have a sick note for March @ColinJ ?

13 rider

Guru
I fear I may struggle to keep going with this. January
went well, and glad I got the February one in early. Been bed bound the last 10 days with my rhabdomyolysis again, so not likely back on the bike for probably 10 - 14 days, then gently gently. Can I have a sick note for March @ColinJ ?
I try to get the rides done early as you never know what's round the corner and we all take are health for granted . hope you get back on the bike soon but don't push it to much just for this challange your health is more important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom