The 2015 Half Century (50 KM or 50 Mile) A Month Challenge - Chatzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
Yea, Gods, I'm still trying to work out if I made the right decision. I had been thinking it might be fun to try to add a 50 miler to my small collection of 50km's so - on a whim - I went for it today. Three breakfast bars, one Scotch egg and most of an energy-filled water bottle latter (and a little excursion around a nearby estate to make up the distance), I made it. I lost the back end as I accelerated too hard (in front of an artic whose driver was hassling me at a roundabout), but made a nifty recovery without coming off - even if the sound of air-brakes being applied close behind me was a bit bowel-loosening.
Of course, having done a 50 miler for January, I suspect I'm in for the long run. Damn, you @ColinJ ! :smile:

ankaradan

Just seen this thread. The aim this year was to do at least one metric century per month.....but too often circumstances intervene. For example this month has seen long periods of southerly gales with monsoon conditions, which have kept me indoors. Its too late now for a 100k this, but I did manage a 80k earlier, so will log that, and see how it goes for the rest of the year.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!

MikeW-71

Veteran
And just as tomorrow is looking looking quite nice... I'm getting a cold :sad:

Brandane

Legendary Member
Excellent idea, this half century challenge. I have started this year on the metric century challenge, as I did last year. Until the wheels fell off sometime about August :blush:. This new system means I could have carried on by dropping into this challenge, as I probably will at some point this year. February? ^_^

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
I've always been a fan of the phenomenon of The Law Of Unintended Consequences @ColinJ and taking up this challenge has provided some unexpected rewards. Because of the increase in time I have to allow to fit in theses rides, I've had to modify my bum-on-seat-in-front-of-PC-and-write schedule and make that time more productive. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom