The 2015 Half Century (50 KM or 50 Mile) A Month Challenge - Chatzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Same here... though firstly I'd need to actually ride my bike this month! :blush:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I'm in, although I'm hoping to manage the 100k challenge, it doesn't hurt to have a fallback.
2 Jan 2015. The abandoned Night Ride, Hyde Park to Horsham to 72.6km

BigAl68

Über Member
Last week was the first time my legs started to work as they should and not feel if they were made of Stilton and cider. Back to commuting 4 days a week x 17 miles each way and also getting out on a Saturday or Sunday. The weather this week has been a challenge but based on last year it has been nice.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
50.2 miles ride today 2 points. Did then same loop as last week with a couple of miles at each end to make it to 50 miles had to do a couple of cheeky loops around the village to get to the 50 .That's one 50k and one 50m in January my target is to complete both half centuries each month.Glad this thread is here because 50 m is the extent of my range at the moment and the centuries seem a long way off yet.
That's an interesting idea - good luck with it!

13 rider

Guru
Thanks Colin its seems a good idea now a let you know in december if it was a good idea ^_^

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Thanks Colin its seems a good idea now a let you know in december if it was a good idea ^_^
I will have to see what the weather does, but I am tempted to go for a variation on that - a metric century and a half metric a month. I would need to get the half metric in soon to get my legs working again after a long break, and then try and squeeze the full metric century in the following week.

13 rider

Guru
I will have to see what the weather does, but I am tempted to go for a variation on that - a metric century and a half metric a month. I would need to get the half metric in soon to get my legs working again after a long break, and then try and squeeze the full metric century in the following week.
Hope you get out soon Colin as you started the challenge we want you to be in it.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
50.2 miles ride today 2 points. Did then same loop as last week with a couple of miles at each end to make it to 50 miles had to do a couple of cheeky loops around the village to get to the 50 .That's one 50k and one 50m in January my target is to complete both half centuries each month.Glad this thread is here because 50 m is the extent of my range at the moment and the centuries seem a long way off yet.

If you can do a 50 miler, you can do a 100. It just takes longer. Why not do a 50 in the morning, go home have something to eat and then go back out and do the next 50 in the afternoon, once you have done that once you will go out and do the 100 miler in one go.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

If you can do a 50 miler, you can do a 100. It just takes longer. Why not do a 50 in the morning, go home have something to eat and then go back out and do the next 50 in the afternoon, once you have done that once you will go out and do the 100 miler in one go.
The general approach is good, but I would suggest doing 67 miles for the morning ride so the afternoon ride seemed less daunting!

It would be much easier setting off again thinking 'I only have to do half what I did this morning' rather than 'Blimey, I have to do the same distance again'.

13 rider

Guru
At the moment 50m is really my maximum range I get home shattered the thought of another 50 in the afternoon is just too much yet I only been back riding 4 months .as for colin approach the 67 mile is my next target. Also my average speed is still around 13 mph so 4 hours riding equals 50m and that's as long as I can sit on a bike for now buts thanks for all the encouragement

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

At the moment 50m is really my maximum range I get home shattered the thought of another 50 in the afternoon is just too much yet I only been back riding 4 months .as for colin approach the 67 mile is my next target. Also my average speed is still around 13 mph so 4 hours riding equals 50m and that's as long as I can sit on a bike for now buts thanks for all the encouragement
50 miles after only 4 months is pretty good going. I would bet that most people take at least a year to build up to doing rides of that length, and that many people never do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom