The 2016 Half Century (50 KM or 50 Mile) A Month Challenge - Chatzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I set out this morning full of good intentions, but sadly with empty legs. :rolleyes:
That said, I did get another metric half in although it wasn't the imperial half I'd planned on (or the cheeky metric century I'd secretly hoped for). Still, if it's not happening it's not happening is it?

Although sat here typing this, I can't believe that I'm slightly ticked off with myself that I only managed to get 50km in...:wacko:

Reports (and excuses) to follow in the usual places.:surrender:

13 rider

Guru
I set out this morning full of good intentions, but sadly with empty legs. :rolleyes:
That said, I did get another metric half in although it wasn't the imperial half I'd planned on (or the cheeky metric century I'd secretly hoped for). Still, if it's not happening it's not happening is it?

Although sat here typing this, I can't believe that I'm slightly ticked off with myself that I only managed to get 50km in...:wacko:

Reports (and excuses) to follow in the usual places.:surrender:
This thread does that too you chasing more and more miles

Eventful weekend trying to tick off an Imperial half. Saturday's attempt felled at half way by a double puncture then cut tyre. Managed to limp home with a tyre patch (damn useful things) but didn't want to risk getting even further from home with no more tubes etc etc. Tried again today and once again got 2 punctures (different wheels and tyre makes so it's just bad luck). Found a sneaky thorn the second time that had dodged the cotton wool test on the first tube change, evil little devil could only be felt when you flexed the tyre just right! Still the extra 'rest' meant I got a few hill PBs that normally I'd be too knackered by then to achieve...silver linings eh? Now time to hit Wiggle for a box full of spares....

*Dusty*

Returning Hero.
Well, actually now I've done it and had a day to mull it over I'm pleased but I think anyone of average fitness could do it.

If you can get past the mental challenge your body will go further than you imagine.

If you can ride a bike fifty miles, you can ride 100. I know this because my biggest ride before the century was 50 miles. I started to get pains after about 70 or 75, contact points mainly so undercarriage was a bit sore, feet were going numb, hands tingled. Slowed down, shook it off, got out of the saddle more frequently and pushed on.

Get your fuelling and hydration right and you'll be ok.

Last edited:
Thank you! I'm hoping for the best as I've not been well the last couple of weeks, I had to cut short a planned metric century yesterday at 50 miles as i didn't fell well enough to continue.
Anyway, I know I can do 50 miles so I'll just have to think of it as 2 x 50 miles rides.

Of course if you could stretch it to 2 x 100km that's more points than an Imperial century too :okay:

I'd really like to get to 100 points for the year but that's going to mean 8 points a month from now on which may prove tricky...hmmm

Eribiste

Careful with that axle Eugene
Another nice around Worcestershire this morning.
20160901_062841.jpg

That mist is where I rode up from. Atmospheric, but a bit chilly in there!

kapelmuur

Veteran
I've seen a thread called 'my ride today' mentioned a few times, but I can't find it.

Can someone be kind enough to post a link?

Thanks in advance.

Katherine

Guru
Thanks, the thread is on the second page, no wonder I couldn't find it!
It's my favourite thread. Not just for posting in, but for reading about everyone else's rides. There's so many different ways that people use to describe their rides, some are quite poetic, others list the roads, some include pictures, always enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom