The 2016 Half Century (50 KM or 50 Mile) A Month Challenge - Chatzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

13 rider

Guru
Good luck for tomorrow @Katherine . Hope it goes well 100 mile is not that far :okay:

kapelmuur

Veteran
Did you find the thread called 'Your ride today'? There is another one that someone started called' my ride today ', but that's not the one that you want.

'Your ride today' is the one I found, an interesting read as you say in your earlier post.

I wonder why it doesn't have a section to itself instead of being hidden away?

Good luck tomorrow, hope it stops raining!

I have a 7.30 start time, although I may try to start earlier if I get up in time. I'll be wearing my Kapelmuur jersey (as per my avatar) so please say hi if you see me.

Katherine

Guru
Yes, I know what you mean.
I'll look out for you. I have an 8.05 start time but everyone who I've talked to says that is just a guide. So I'm going to try and start about 7 if I can get up and out that early because I'm still worried about timing and slowing down towards the end.
I'll be wearing my Aldi team GB top which has a white background. If it's raining my jacket is pink. White helmet with blue at the back. Bike will be laden with bags of too much just in case stuff. Light grey Dawes Galaxy.

kapelmuur

Veteran
Got my imperial half in for September today, and on the new bike too! :okay:

Took a while to get into it, but really enjoyed the ride once I'd sorted myself out.
Even if the rain did turn up the best part of two hours early when I was still 20 miles from home...:dry:

Report in "Your Ride Today"

The new bike looks splendid, I like the colour scheme.

Katherine

Guru
Yes, I know what you mean.
I'll look out for you. I have an 8.05 start time but everyone who I've talked to says that is just a guide. So I'm going to try and start about 7 if I can get up and out that early because I'm still worried about timing and slowing down towards the end.
I'll be wearing my Aldi team GB top which has a white background. If it's raining my jacket is pink. White helmet with blue at the back. Bike will be laden with bags of too much just in case stuff. Light grey Dawes Galaxy.
Changed my mind (as is a girl's rights), wearing all blue tomorrow.

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
50 miler today on a CC forum meet up with a top bunch of lads - @tallliman , @13 rider , @guitarpete247 , @Supersuperleeds , @cyberknight , @broady and my mate Paul:thumbsup:

Cracking route, cracking company, cracking bacon roll :hungry:

Today was a good day :thumbsup:

Eribiste

Careful with that axle Eugene
A ride up to British Camp from Welland this morning. I normally treat myself to the half insane blast back down the hill, but it was wet this morning so I took the discretionary rather than valorous route back home

. No ice cream for breakfast.jpg Sunrise over The Vale.jpg

kapelmuur

Veteran
Well, that's the century ride done!

After a miserably wet (7.30) start the weather gradually cleared and became very pleasant later.

@Katherine rode past me shortly after the start while I was standing at the side of the road trying to text my wife, I eventually caught up with her and we rode together for about 15 miles until she stopped for a coffee at Anderton while I carried on.

The ride was uneventful for me apart from some confusion around the 50 mile mark where the road was closed because of an accident. Luckily a friendly local was on hand to direct us to an alternative route which got us back on the course at Nantwich.

Although I had been apprehensive about the distance, not having ridden more than 60 miles before, I found it easier than expected and actually was faster over the last 50 miles than the first, no stiffness today either. I also ignored all the mumbo jumbo that's talked about nutrition and ate only a banana and 2 flapjacks plus a mackerel pate sandwich that my wife had brought to the halfway point at Nantwich. No funny drinks either, just a litre of tap water.

I'm glad I've done it, especially as I raised a few £s for the Christie, but 7 plus hours is a long time in the saddle and nowhere near as much fun as my usual average of 3 hours. I doubt I'll do another ride this long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom