The 2016 Half Century (50 KM or 50 Mile) A Month Challenge - Chatzone

Discussion in 'CycleChat Monthly Challenges' started by ColinJ, 21 Dec 2015.

1. kapelmuur

kapelmuur Über Member

My PC allows me to copy the image but not to paste it.

It only allows me to paste it as a link. Any idea why?

Sbudge likes this.
  2. aferris2

aferris2 Über Member

Click on the Image button (it's the one next to the smilie) then paste the link to the image into the box that pops up.

Sbudge and Lilliburlero like this.
  3. kapelmuur

kapelmuur Über Member

Thanks for the assistance - I actually copied and pasted your star!

4. Spinney

Spinney Bimbleur extraordinaire

December ride posted today - challenge completed! (Might pick up a point or two more before year's end, but the important once per month is done!)
    :wahhey:

gavgav, Lilliburlero, ColinJ and 8 others like this.
  5. 13 rider

13 rider Veteran

Well done @Spinney hope your hand was ok .with @Katherine stating she's finished if not posted the ride that's 5 of us completed for 2 years in a row the others are @ColinJ , @gavgav and me @13 rider

6. GuyBoden

GuyBoden Fat, old bloke, on an old bike, pedalling slowly.

After looking at the road today, I have total faith that the British Civil Engineering industry will meet the January deadline after their Christmas hols...........:whistle:

Sbudge likes this.
  7. 13 rider

13 rider Veteran

What happen after Sept were you injured

8. Sbudge

Sbudge Cyclist

Completed what will probably be my last century ride of 2016 (though I'll try one more after Christmas if I can). A bit of cycle-therapy really. We lost Dad on Friday night after a tough few months. A chance to ride hard and not be able to think about anything else for a few hours was a very welcome relief. It helped that I know he'd have really loved the view from the top of a very misty Dunstable Downs and I can hear him gently berating me for being mad doing some of those hills (tennis was his sport, not cycling). Thanks for all the help and encouragement this year folk.

kapelmuur and Katherine like this.
  9. OP
    OP
    ColinJ

ColinJ A big clot!

I'm sorry to hear about your dad ...

I went out on my bike in similar circumstances after my dad died - LINK.

On to a less serious subject ... I am currently blitzing the local roads in a feverish attempt to hit my annual distance target. I worked out that I need to do at least another 9 rides of 50+ km by the end of the month. It would probably be my toughest December ever if I manage it. I have already ridden 370 km (230 miles) this month.

There are at least 3 days when I am unlikely to be doing much so it is going to be very tight. I won't give a blow-by-blow account, but I will post all of the remaining rides that I do in one go on New Year's Eve. I would rather not do rides much longer than 50 km at this time of year but if I have to, I will do a metric century or two to make up any shortfall.

Osprey, 13 rider, Sbudge and 2 others like this.
  10. Jon George

Jon George Mamil and couldn't care less

Did the same earlier this year when my mum died. My thoughts are with you and here's to a better year in 2017.

gavgav, 13 rider and Sbudge like this.
  11. Sbudge

Sbudge Cyclist

Thank you, I'm sorry you had to go through it too.

Good luck with that immense challenge, we're all hoping for you! I've just got to hit 7 hours, a single 50km and 70km in total to hit my remaining targets (300 hours, 4000miles in 2016 and 50th 50+km ride).

ColinJ likes this.
  12. Sbudge

Sbudge Cyclist

Thank you, wishing everyone a happy 2017 to come!

13. 13 rider

13 rider Veteran

:hugs:

14. Spinney

Spinney Bimbleur extraordinaire

I remember hearing that a cycling friend (not on CC) was back in hospital and not likely to come out again, so I went for a bike ride. Now whenever I ride those roads (not often, as I moved away since), I think of him. I'd be happy to be remembered when a friend of mine cycled some nice bits of road...

Jon George, Osprey, 13 rider and 3 others like this.
  15. Joobert

Joobert Well-Known Member

In September I pulled the tendons in both feet jogging, I was advised to take a couple of weeks off at the walk-in centre.
    During that couple of weeks I sort of lost interest so it turned into 14 weeks, no excuses, just laziness really.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice