The 2016 Half Century (50 KM or 50 Mile) A Month Challenge - Chatzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Katherine

Guru
Failed :sad:

I've completely lost my mojo and spent nearly a month off the bike altogether. Had a decent ride last weekend, but time pressure stopped me at 24 miles and on the last day of nov, I just couldn't get motivated to ride. It was a nice day too....

Oh dear.
These things happen. Next year then!! :bicycle:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It almost certainly isn't going to happen, but with 21 days left this year I still need to do the equivalent of 15 50 km rides to hit my amended amended distance target for the year ... :whistle:

It would be quite an end to the year to do in December on my singlespeed winter bike what I didn't get close to doing in any other month on my multi-geared bike!

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
100 km ride today with my mate Paul, in prep for the 2017 100 km a month challenge and guess who I bumped into again? yep, @13 rider :ohmy:

We must live 25 or so miles apart, but both knock about around Market Bosworth now and again and I always look out for him when i`m out that way.

Nice to catch up with you buddy, looking forward to riding with you again :hugs:

13 rider

Guru
100 km ride today with my mate Paul, in prep for the 2017 100 km a month challenge and guess who I bumped into again? yep, @13 rider :ohmy:

We must live 25 or so miles apart, but both knock about around Market Bosworth now and again and I always look out for him when i`m out that way.

Nice to catch up with you buddy, looking forward to riding with you again :hugs:
Yes nice chance meeting good job you shouted or I would have missed you I had my head down chasing down a couple of riders as you do :whistle:
Today's 50 miles completed my double double 2 years of a 50km and 50m once a month :bicycle:^_^ . Well happy

steverob

Guru
A nervy, jumpy ride today, but just managed my 50km (literally got the distance as I turned into the road where I live!) and that's enough to officially complete this challenge!

With all the issues I've had with my bike recently and not having been out on it for three weeks, with every bump or jolt that I felt, I was just fearing another puncture, and with my currently mismatched tyres, I was so nervous when cornering and when under braking, it meant I was going ridiculously slowly at times. Hopefully will get the tyres changed next weekend and then I can start getting in some confidence building rides in, so that over Christmas I can really go for it - only need another 153 miles to reach 3,000 for the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom