The 2016 Half Century (50 KM or 50 Mile) A Month Challenge - Chatzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Fingers crossed for this weekend - Saturday is almost certainly out, but Sunday is looking promising if I can shake off this pesky cold...:okay:

Yep, should be Sunday for me too. It'll be my first half century challenge and all things being well I'll complete it in on my 50th birthday. By the end of the year (I'm still 3 short) I'll also hit my 50th ride of 50km or more. Not that I'm counting or anything!

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Squeezed the last one of the year in this afternoon, 37.3 miles (60km) and this year I've made it to the end:wahhey::wahhey::wahhey:
Now come on, how do I get the little stare at the bottom of my posts??:smile::smile:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Cheers @13 rider & @ColinJ . I was going through recurrent rhabdomyolysis, essentially my muscles dissolved into my bloodstream and as a consequence tried to kill off my liver. Took about 50-70-% of my muscle mass each time so had to learn walking again 6 times between 2013 & 2015. Not fun, but got a cracking team working with me in London now, and it's been over a year since I was last bedbound. It's an underlying genetic defect, so with me for life, the key thing is learning to manage it. Fortunately cycling has been given the thumbs up as it builds muscle, and it's good for mental health too

Cheers @13 rider & @ColinJ . I was going through recurrent rhabdomyolysis, essentially my muscles dissolved into my bloodstream and as a consequence tried to kill off my liver. Took about 50-70-% of my muscle mass each time so had to learn walking again 6 times between 2013 & 2015. Not fun, but got a cracking team working with me in London now, and it's been over a year since I was last bedbound. It's an underlying genetic defect, so with me for life, the key thing is learning to manage it. Fortunately cycling has been given the thumbs up as it builds muscle, and it's good for mental health too

So a double challenge this year then? Bravo that rider indeed!

13 rider

Guru
bronze-star-small-2-jpg.115395.jpg

Bronze star to copy and paste for finishers if you want to use it in you signature
Only when you've finished :okay:

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
Now come on, how do I get the little stare at the bottom of my posts??
I gave it quite a big stare, will that do? :whistle:

MikeW-71

Veteran
Failed :sad:

I've completely lost my mojo and spent nearly a month off the bike altogether. Had a decent ride last weekend, but time pressure stopped me at 24 miles and on the last day of nov, I just couldn't get motivated to ride. It was a nice day too....

Oh dear.

13 rider

Guru
I've done it!! :wahhey:

51 k ride today to complete at least 1 half century ride per month, for the second year in a row.

Nice feeling of achievement.

Just completed my December ride so feeling really chuffed!
This ride also marks another achievement - 5000 miles completed this year and I've still got most of December to go.
Well done @gavgav first one to do the double :thumbsup:
Well done @aferris2 :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom