The 2016 Half Century (50 KM or 50 Mile) A Month Challenge - Chatzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Katherine

Guru
I will do a 50 km at least, even if it really hurts - I've got 6 weeks, so should manage it. I can't drop out in the last month of the challenge!
:boxing:

13 rider

Guru
Well today's 50km ride brought my points total equal with last year's (77)^_^ . Something I didn't think I would do this year as I am also doing the 100km challenge and not cross posting rides so my longer rides are used in that challenge and I would have an extra 34 points with the rides in that thread.
Last weekend for Nov there's still 5 riders yet to post for Nov .Hope you can get some :bicycle:in and get your rides in

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
It's looking a bit iffy for me getting an imperial half in now this month which is a bit vexing. :sad:
Tomorrow looks positively grim weather-wise, so I'm going to have to cross everything and hope that next weekend pans out, as it would be nice to keep the run of metric and imperial half centuries in each month going.
To be fair, time has largely been the restricting factor on rides this year and I can't see that changing anytime soon. I can comfortably do a 50km ride in well under 3 hours including a stop, but a for a 50+ miler I'm well over 4 hours. I guess I need to get faster / stop less often! ;)

:sad:
Barring a (very) minor miracle, my continuous run of imperial and metric half centuries looks like grinding to a halt this month.
I'm currently hosting a humdinger of a cold (not quite full on man flu, but bad enough) and I think I'd struggle to complete 5 miles, let alone 50. I was well and truly ready for a sit down after a walk to the shop for a paper this morning.:heat:

At least I've banked a couple of metric halves already this month, so I'm still in the challenge. And I've now got an excuse to crack open that bottle of Jura Mrs ND bought me, for purely medicinal reasons... :thumbsup:
See - there is always a positive in there somewhere! ;)

:sad:
Barring a (very) minor miracle, my continuous run of imperial and metric half centuries looks like grinding to a halt this month.
I'm currently hosting a humdinger of a cold (not quite full on man flu, but bad enough) and I think I'd struggle to complete 5 miles, let alone 50. I was well and truly ready for a sit down after a walk to the shop for a paper this morning.:heat:

At least I've banked a couple of metric halves already this month, so I'm still in the challenge. And I've now got an excuse to crack open that bottle of Jura Mrs ND bought me, for purely medicinal reasons... :thumbsup:
See - there is always a positive in there somewhere! ;)

Yep a rotten September cold killed my 50/50 attempt too. Still, just one more month to go and by the look of it I'll complete my first half century challenge on my 50th birthday! (Well, that's the plan).

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
My road bike is in bed for the winter but I may have to wake it up for my last 50km of the challenge, hopefully on Friday. Otherwise it will be my Koga World Traveller. I am riding 40km on it every day to go to work and unless it rains, the weather is remarkably good.

Get your rides in early.

My road bike is in bed for the winter but I may have to wake it up for my last 50km of the challenge, hopefully on Friday. Otherwise it will be my Koga World Traveller. I am riding 40km on it every day to go to work and unless it rains, the weather is remarkably good.

Get your rides in early.

Similar here, I've swapped my regular weekday bike (Enigma Ti) for a Cannondale Slate for the winter. I'll still use the carbon Battaglin for the longer weekend rides (and hills!) though. When the weather warms up I'll take the Slate out onto the bridleways and woods paths at the weekend instead.

Katherine

Guru
Well done to the first three people to complete the 2016 challenge! @GuyBoden, @Milkfloat and @kapelmuur.

GuyBoden

Guru
Thank you, but I must confess that it's easier for me as I'm retired and can ride any day if I want to.
1st December - https://www.strava.com/activities/790511939. 53.1km.

Out via Dunham Park, then checking progress of the M56 - M6 link road at Rostherne, Bucklow Hill and Tabley. Return via Tatton Park.

Year to date total = 99 points.

Well done on completing the challenge :cheers:

I'm looking forward to the reopening of the road at Bucklow Hill in Jan, it's very inconvenient having to cycle the long way around to Tatton park.

kapelmuur

Veteran
20161201_102858.jpg
Well done on completing the challenge :cheers:

I'm looking forward to the reopening of the road at Bucklow Hill in Jan, it's very inconvenient having to cycle the long way around to Tatton park.

The photo, taken yesterday, is of Chapel Lane and the hump in the background is the bridge that will carry Chapel Lane over the new road. It looks like a January opening may be ambitious!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom