The 2016 Half Century (50 KM or 50 Mile) A Month Challenge - Chatzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A nervy, jumpy ride today, but just managed my 50km (literally got the distance as I turned into the road where I live!) and that's enough to officially complete this challenge!

With all the issues I've had with my bike recently and not having been out on it for three weeks, with every bump or jolt that I felt, I was just fearing another puncture, and with my currently mismatched tyres, I was so nervous when cornering and when under braking, it meant I was going ridiculously slowly at times. Hopefully will get the tyres changed next weekend and then I can start getting in some confidence building rides in, so that over Christmas I can really go for it - only need another 153 miles to reach 3,000 for the year.

I know the feeling Steve. I had a similar day today. First 'off' was on slimy concrete under the motorway (messy but fine), second 'off' was avoiding an out-of-control dog ("I'm so sorry but he's not my dog!") and that one made me very glad to be wearing a helmet as I definitely saw stars. Then I got a puncture with just 5 km to go, sealant worked in the end but not before covering me in the stuff as it sprayed out as I rode. Finally, adding insult to injury Strava only showed the ride as 99.8km despite the Garmin showing 101.2km. Since 101km was the distance I planned on RidewithGPS and the Garmin matched it I'm assuming Strava is just being annoying and will claim it (with suitable supporting documentation :-)) as a 3 pointer! Oh yes, and it was ****ing muddy too. :-)

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
I am not panicking. I figure if I can get out on a bike every day this year (even if it is just around the houses), then a December 50 km with a bit of pain will still be possible. ^_^

Jon George

I don’t know if I’ve been heroic, mad, or just plain CC forum member obsessed, but I used this year’s local Christmas card deliveries to grind over the finish line. I don’t know if I should have got a TUE, but the paracetamol seemed to have reduced some of the aches and pains of getting on and off the bike. ^_^ Incidentally, I am also wondering if my injuries are subconsciously causing me to ride more defensively – I’m certainly cruising a lot slower than normal – but the number of close passes seemed to have increased since my crash. (Perhaps the Nobbers can smell weakness.) Anyway, that’s one of 2016’s cycling challenges in the bag! :okay:

13 rider

Guru
I don’t know if I’ve been heroic, mad, or just plain CC forum member obsessed, but I used this year’s local Christmas card deliveries to grind over the finish line. I don’t know if I should have got a TUE, but the paracetamol seemed to have reduced some of the aches and pains of getting on and off the bike. ^_^ Incidentally, I am also wondering if my injuries are subconsciously causing me to ride more defensively – I’m certainly cruising a lot slower than normal – but the number of close passes seemed to have increased since my crash. (Perhaps the Nobbers can smell weakness.) Anyway, that’s one of 2016’s cycling challenges in the bag! :okay:
Well done on getting over the line . You definitely have a serious dose of half centuryitus it's very contagious

Eribiste

Careful with that axle Eugene
A quick question, how do I get my bronze star for being a good boy on my bicycle and doing 50km's in a single ride each month?

13 rider

Guru
With any luck there will be more finishers this year than starters last year. Great work and an awful lot of perseverance from folk, some of which I know had to really dig deep at times/
21 riders post rides for Jan 2015 and today we now have with today's finisher and my miscount 22 finishers this year so far . That's 3 times last year's number of finishers . Well done everyone

Simple copy and paste into signature post on page 57 with the star
The good news is that I have completed the challenge. The bad news is that I don't really understand the instructions of how to get my star!!
Could you guide me, bearing in mind that you are talking to a computer moron. Thank you.

Jon George

The good news is that I have completed the challenge. The bad news is that I don't really understand the instructions of how to get my star!!
Could you guide me, bearing in mind that you are talking to a computer moron. Thank you.
Go to page 57 of this thread and you'll find a post with a star in it. Place your curser immediately to the left of it and left-click your mouse to highlight it. Right-click and select the choice: Copy. Go to the top right of this page and 'hover' your curser over your name. From the list on the left-hand side that drops down, select Signature. In the panel that appears, right-click and select Paste. Just add what it's for, and click save. Ta-da!

Go to page 57 of this thread and you'll find a post with a star in it. Place your curser immediately to the left of it and left-click your mouse to highlight it. Right-click and select the choice: Copy. Go to the top right of this page and 'hover' your curser over your name. From the list on the left-hand side that drops down, select Signature. In the panel that appears, right-click and select Paste. Just add what it's for, and click save. Ta-da!
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom