The 2017 Half Century (50 KM or 50 Mile) A Month Challenge - Chatzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

13 rider

Guru
Evening everyone.
Today I broke my 100km cherry. I've done 98 (officially) then ridden another 8km home again, but never in one hit. I had a 50 mile route in the Garmin, from Home to Sibsey (16 miles, so I went the pretty route via the coast). I went off trail a couple of times to see what was there and when I got to Sibsey, I stopped for a cuppa at the ex-Hubster's place, along with a bun that he'd thoughtfully bought me and then did another 12 miles to make up a 101km ride.
My bum hurts. Is this normal? will I ever get to have sex again or is that now all a thing of the past now I've sat on a bike saddle for over 4 hours :ohmy::girl:
I have had a bath now and still in pain :laugh:. As long as I can walk tomorrow and make sense at an interview, it's all good.

Oh, the seaside! I coudn't see the see as the road stops and there is a walking path for 1/4 of a mile and I just CBA about going there.
Well done that lady :bravo:

Katherine

Guru
Well done @Saluki! You will definitely feel better in only a few days.
If I'm on the wrong saddle I really notice it after 2 to 3 hours but on the right one I'm still comfortable after a full day..
Maybe now that you have done one longer ride, try and do a few more before the winter and see if it gets any easier.
On longer rides try and alter your posture and position from time to time, stand up out of the saddle briefly.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Well done @Saluki! You will definitely feel better in only a few days.
If I'm on the wrong saddle I really notice it after 2 to 3 hours but on the right one I'm still comfortable after a full day..
Maybe now that you have done one longer ride, try and do a few more before the winter and see if it gets any easier.
On longer rides try and alter your posture and position from time to time, stand up out of the saddle briefly.
I tend to stop and take pics from time to time. My bum might not have been quite as hideous as I made out. I have a Spesh BG Riva on the CX. The roadie saddle is firmer and, having got half a stone lighter, its less comfy. New saddle time for the roadie.

I have done a few 50 milers of late but I don't like to be out too long as I don't want to leave my dog alone much at the weekends.

Saluki

@Saluki, fair enough. Some of us from Leicester way often ride towards Lincoln to get a long ride in and the train home. If you'd like, we'll come and meet you somewhere for a little ride maybe next spring?
That would be brilliant ^_^
When I lived near Norwich, I would regularly get on a train and ride home, or the other way about. 25 miles to the station at Lincoln for me here. I miss Norwich, well Norfolk really. I will probably go home in the not to distant future. Horribly homesick

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
Well, that didn't go as well as expected. Haven't managed a decent ride for over ten days due to a cold and thought I'd get my August qualifying ride in today - believing I was over the worst. I may be just about firing on all cylinders again, but after twenty minutes decided to err on the side of sensible and only did 16 miles. Hopefully I'ff get a qualifier in later in the week.

Saluki

Me again.
I have been out with the Yellowbellies Social group. A bunch of FLABs from Louth who I have ridden with before. Now we have made a club. 4 of us so far and our inaugural ride started from Woodhall Spa to go along the Water Rail Trail - flat, tarmacked and not slap by the river as one of the ladies has a water phobia. I rode up to Wooders and met them, we did the ride and then went to the pub. Then I rode back the slightly longer way, to put a 50km ride in for the day.
Now, I am due to ride with my ride buddy tonight and I'm thinking either I do (persuade him to do), a flat, steady 18.5 mile ride to make it up to an Imperial 50 for the day, or I stay on the sofa with a Pixar and my feet up. Feeling OK at the mo, so who knows.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I have done a few 50 milers of late but I don't like to be out too long as I don't want to leave my dog alone much at the weekends.

You need one of these (depending on the size of your dog):

001.JPG
001a.JPG

Then you can be out all day and not worry about the dog! :okay:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom