The 2017 Half Century (50 KM or 50 Mile) A Month Challenge - Chatzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Its that time of the month a few days left but 1 weekend but at least it's a 3 dayer.
We have 30 rides fully posted up leaving 6 to post a ride so
@tallliman ,@ColinJ ( who both have done rides that quality I believe) @Salty seadog ,@Osprey ,@Jon George and @kapelmuur a week to get a ride in and update the challenge good luck
Well done everyone who's still in 8 months down :bravo:4 to go :bicycle:
Ah yes - I have now added the 2 qualifying rides < 100 km that I have done so far this month! :okay:

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Did a forty miler with Fab Foody I ended on 46 my the time I got home.

Still in the game and will post the ride now.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
IMG_0121.JPG
IMG_0774.JPG
I thought he might be ^_^

So not the handlebar dog carrier then?

No not really. These are terrible pics. I need to go and take some more as he is a stunning dog, a smooth coat though, so he doesn't have those long, silky ears. He is my second smooth coat.

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
My jaunt today was done in the interest of getting a qualifying ride in after a cold along the flattest route I could devise. A bonus was that I didn't realise how quickly the kms would add up simply by nipping into the country and returning into town and repeating like some demented weaving thing across the north of Ipswich. ^_^

kapelmuur

Veteran
Its that time of the month a few days left but 1 weekend but at least it's a 3 dayer.
We have 30 rides fully posted up leaving 6 to post a ride so
@tallliman ,@ColinJ ( who both have done rides that quality I believe) @Salty seadog ,@Osprey ,@Jon George and @kapelmuur a week to get a ride in and update the challenge good luck
Well done everyone who's still in 8 months down :bravo:4 to go :bicycle:

It's been a busy month and I've not logged in to this site since July. I've done the rides and will post them when I have a few spare minutes!

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member

steverob

Guru
First time I've done two 100km rides in one month since July 2016! Yes, I know therefore that this probably belongs in the Metric Century Chatzone thread, but at the outset of this year's challenge, I did say that I was only going to post one ride a month in there, with any 'spares' going into the Half-Century challenge, so here we are.

And after all, it did start out as a planned 52 mile ride, but I just started adding on little extra detours here and there and as the weather was lovely with very little wind, it just seemed to beckon me on to give it that little bit more, just so I could reach the next level. Oh, and a PR up Watlington Hill was very welcome - didn't think I was all that fast while doing it, but I'll definitely take it!

Let's see how the legs feel on Monday - could I possibly manage three metric centuries in 10 days?

Last edited:

Saluki

I went home today, for the day. I do this from time to time.
I parked the car up at Colney, at the freebie car parking near the hospital. I decided to head off, via Hethersett to Wymondham and on one of my favourite old routes. Then off to Bowthorpe via Bluebell road and then another old favourite route and a lovely PB up Stocks Hill (which I hated and now love, thank you @Sbudge for the Crimbo Cassette and the advice about a new derailleur).
I had a great ride actually. I miss Norwich. I miss the roads and I am very happy with my current fitness as I blasted around that 50km - I say blasted, I blasted for me. I finished just within the 2 hour mark which I decided is not bad for a fat old bird.
Post ride relaxation consisted of a freebie coffee in the Norwich Virgin Lounge (I have a Virgin Bank account for a very good reason and that reason is the Virgin Lounges and free coffee, biscuits, bowling, air hockey, music and fruit) and watching Chris Pratt in some film about dinosaurs, on my friend's - quite frankly - enormous, humongous TV. No idea what the film was about, what the dialogue was like, I was just entranced by Chris Pratt.

Saluki

Got another 50km in yesterday. Just local roads, 2 separate rides that I do, stitched together.
I didn't really have the legs for it, or so I thought, but rage is a wonderful energy giver. I was averaging just over 15mph with 369m of climbing as I skirted the very edge of The Wolds.
I might go out for a shorter pootle later today. Hoping for another 50km this month but I shan't have a meltdown if I don't manage it.

Saluki

Um. I went out and rode another 51km today.
I am still really peeved off and riding seems to help. I am shattered now. I've had some ice-cream and will do a cup of tea in a min.
2 more days of this month left but not convinced that I'll do another one. Having said that, I have to speak to ex Hubs tomorrow or Thursday so I might need another 50km to cool my jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom