The 2017 Half Century (50 KM or 50 Mile) A Month Challenge - Chatzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Out early this month, good ride of 45 miles.
I have a hospital appointment in a couple of weeks may need biopsy on the old prostate.
Not sure how long I will be off the bike.

That's a like for the ride - good luck with the other stuff :okay:

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
Ha! I thought I'd be getting in ahead of the crowd, but it seems like a few others beat me to it. ^_^

Here's me at the halfway point (just about to tuck into five pints over the course of the afternoon.)

2.JPG

gavgav

Guru
Still going in the challenge and today's entry included the summit of The Longmynd ^_^

IMG_0215.JPG

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Frustrating ride today. Child 2 off to college today so planned on a flat 50 miler before being the afternoon/evening taxi driver, porter, general dogsbody. Abandoned somewhat damp at 40 miles.
Note to self; 1. don't make assumptions about the weather, 2. check weather forecast, even for a three hour ride, 3. a rain jacket easily fits in the Altura :banghead:

Katherine

Guru
Frustrating ride today. Child 2 off to college today so planned on a flat 50 miler before being the afternoon/evening taxi driver, porter, general dogsbody. Abandoned somewhat damp at 40 miles.
Note to self; 1. don't make assumptions about the weather, 2. check weather forecast, even for a three hour ride, 3. a rain jacket easily fits in the Altura :banghead:
We got much wetter than expected too. I only ran back in for my rain jacket because the clouds were looking heavy and I thought I might be cold at the cafe stop. I ended up wearing it within half an hour of setting off. Very glad. Still got cold though from wet feet and wet bare legs.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Interesting day today. I went out with the Yellowbellies cycling club, nice and local to me. We are FLABs who don't have a Flambassador so we have just done our own thing. I got 16km into our ride, rode over a drain cover (not raised or anything tricky) and broke a spoke, which immediately put my wheel out of true. Luckily, one of the club members lived 5 minutes down the road so went and got his car and picked the roadie and me up. Before heading back to my car, we met up with the rest of the club and had ice-cream at Applebies.

Once back to the car, I popped to Louth Cycles, ordered a couple of new spokes - Mavic aero spokes are expensive! - then headed home for a bit of lunch and a cuppa. I watched the rain until it stopped and then took Eric the CX out for a wee while. Turned out to be a bit more than the 20 miles that I planned and I got home at just over 68km - 42.5 miles. I added to that, the aborted ride of 16km - 9 miles ish, to make a 50 mile day. I was hoping for a 50 mile ride today, in one hit but it was not to be, but never mind. I had a good ride in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom