The 2018 Half Century a month Challenge chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Set out to do a metric ton this morning but didn't fancy it, finished up with a half metric. Think I'm just too tired from my holiday.

Will try and update my points eventually.....

Domus

Guru
Father’s Day tea at number 1 daughters so made the most of it. Loaded the bike rack on the car for Mrs Domus. Took the long route to include Cragg Vale.
Blooming windy climbing up Cragg Vale. 71 Kms in total. Nice tea and choccies. Relaxing now before 12 hours babysitting tomorrow.

Domus

Guru
Lovely morning for ride, went over Belmont with cracking views under a clear blue sky. Called in at MK Cycles who now boast a coffee shop. Very good coffee and cake. Best day ever over the top to Rivington, not quick but didn't drop into bottom gear and didn't stop for a breather. Must be getting fitter. Beans on toast in Horwich then again a good steady climb up the Old Road to the Blundell Arms. Again never in bottom and non stop.

Really enjoyed the whole ride. (mind you the weather does help)

the stupid one

Über Member
Cycled to Flint Castle in north Wales with the intention of doing 50 miles, but it all went so smoothly I thought I’d have a go at my first metric century. Ended up 4 km from home with 17 km still to ride. I’m a bit bored of the local roads I travelled around to make up the difference, I’m going to suffer terribly with cramp overnight, and I have no beer in the house.

But I did it. Yay.

EDIT: There’s going to be an interesting postscript to this over in the Training, Fitness & Health forum when I’ve written it.

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/a-bit-of-a-crisis-after-first-metric-century.236047/#post-5288238

Last edited:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
A loop out to Otley then along the Wharfe Valley today with plenty of climbing for another point.
Bit chilly early on, but warmed up nicely.
Let down by Garmin failing to record a key segment but what can you do?
Report in "Your Ride..." and I'll update the other thread later.

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
Another imperial done on a cracking OCC group ride to Skeggy today. This was by far the fastest and easiest ton i`v ever done. Great day :bicycle:

https://www.relive.cc/view/1657112530

_9xSqDt2_xRNjyjh70l_7exOt8vrtdXID9KBKL7O7Ms-1152x2048.jpg

Attachments

• _9xSqDt2_xRNjyjh70l_7exOt8vrtdXID9KBKL7O7Ms-72x128.jpg
    _9xSqDt2_xRNjyjh70l_7exOt8vrtdXID9KBKL7O7Ms-72x128.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 35
  • q42kgGPBOls7SxIm_ZuR6kF-gKeTKNYkJcdmlaFMmKE-2048x1536.jpg
    q42kgGPBOls7SxIm_ZuR6kF-gKeTKNYkJcdmlaFMmKE-2048x1536.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Another cracking CC Forum ride- this time from Market Bosworth up to Nice Pie Cafe and back again- and it was also nice to meet a new face and introduce my friend into the pack as well.

Just shy of 85 for me today, quite a few of the others ton’d up so big kudos to them.

Full ride report will be posted in Your Ride Today in a wee while, once Relive has done the video!

Top Bottom