The 2018 Half Century a month Challenge chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Too dark? You need one of these...

View attachment 426532

^_^
Hmmm, could work....

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I'm not as adventurous as @cosmicbike as I only got to ride in Normandy. One thing that was very different to UK roads was that I couldn't find a pothole, I wonder if all France is like that?

It was everywhere I cycled in the past 2 weeks, even the obscure 'C' roads were great to ride on. A couple had been surface dressed, but were soo much smoother than we get over here.

Katherine

Guru
Riding on the A6, you're very brave!
A6 out of Manchester, not into Manchester. Sunday morning club rides leave from the civic centre in Swinton. We use the A6 to get to Rivington and return on it from Haigh Hall (out through Leigh). Apart from through Walkden and Little Hulton, most of it is quite wide, so easy for vehicles to pass.

aferris2

Guru
Ride number 4 for August just done. I've wanted to do the ride down to Whitstable for a while now, and this year it turned good. Warm weather and a nice helpful wind all helped to make this a very enjoyable ride. I took a lot of tips from the FNRttC rides to avoid some of the hills. Sittingbourne is a bit of a nightmare especially as they are digging it all up round the station. Then it was on through Faversham to the final sprint. So, 107 km (66 miles) in just under 5 hours. Well pleased with that.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Another metric half in the bag, but I was surprised how cold it felt was today (you wouldn't think so looking at the photos over on 'My ride today...') and how long it took me to get going.
Still, it's done now and it's another point in the bag.
Might have to rethink the cycling wardrobe though if the temperatures don't improve and dig out the longs - or at least the 3/4s :cold:

kapelmuur

Veteran

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
A wet 55kms today, with the wind picking up as the ride went on. The ride was brightened up by many stags in Tatton Park and this fungus I passed in Lymm.

IMG_20180826_0917446791_zpsuktqohxk.jpg

For comparison, one of my gloves, (and I have quite large hands).

IMG_20180826_0918130551_zps1bd0j8sp.jpg

Last edited:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Another point in the bag with a blustery and occasionally showery metric half loop out to the flatlands of Church Fenton and beyond.
Unlike Saturdays ride though it felt really good today, despite battling those headwinds. Funny how it goes like that, isn't it? ^_^

I think that rounds out a poor August for me - just 6 points in the bag this month and I can't see me squeezing another qualifying ride in before the month end now.

I'll pop a report in the usual place later.

Last edited:

aferris2

Guru
You can tell its holiday time. Another ride today along the kent coast. A nice helpful wind out to Ramsgate but not so helpful coming back. The sun even stayed out for a bit but with temperatures in the mid teens, I think summer is really over. Still a few days of August left so this may not be the last ride for this month...

Top Bottom