The 2018 Half Century a month Challenge chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Katherine

Guru
Made it.....just!! After the month from hell in virtually every sense you can imagine, at last a day off and the weather came together and I was able to get out early, before my main plans for the day and have a ride with @Rickshaw Phil :okay:

Glorious sunshine. Cold to start but warmed up nicely.

View attachment 427729

View attachment 427730
Brilliant. Hope September is better for you.

Elysian_Roads

I ride those hills most weekends so happy to take you on a 'tour' of the nicer (!) ones whenever you fancy it. Steve is your man for the area to the west and north of Aylesbury, he knows it much better than me. It's a great place to ride.
Thanks @Sbudge, that would be great. Don't think I will be over that way for this and next weekend, but hopefully may have another go in a couple of weeks. Will give you a shout if it all comes together! Cheers.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
September's ride is done and dusted.
I took the new (to me) Peugeot bike. The saddle needs to go though and I'll find something for to my liking, but apart from that, it was a great ride.

I did have a route in mind and put something in the garmin to that end, but it seems that many of the roads are now all private and no entry types so, after trying to route around and failing, on account of the 'privates' and 'no entries' all over the shop, I just headed back the way that I'd come and watched all the rowers doing the Ouse Marathon row today. Nice day for it I guess.

The Peugeot is a great bike, lovely to ride. I think that @biggs682 is quite right when he says that he doesn't think that it's first owner hadn't ridden it. Even having said that she'd only been 100 miles or so. It's so clean that I think that it's a lot less than that. Total bargain for me too ^_^
I'll get the tyres changed, as they are old and I don't altogether trust them. I can take my DB off the road for the winter and give it a really good sorting out now.
IMG_2443.JPG

September off the mark for yours truly, a total of 101.5 miles done today as part of domestique duties/general moral support for two mates doing the Rapha M2L charity ride. This however was split by a train journey so I’m only logging 82.4 for the challenge which is a nice start to the month.

All the best for the coming month in the challenge everyone, let’s hope everyone gets over the line :okay:

73511345-1493-437B-9E3A-85AEA51C6AE4.jpeg

the stupid one

Über Member
Living near the corner of a peninsula is a bit of a nuisance. I can only set off in the ninety degrees between NW & SE, and it’s 25km to the first crossing of the river Dee. Grrrrr. I should probably sling the bike in the back of the car and find a circular route somewhere else.
Still, nice ride today and I saw a jay, which always makes me happy.

EDIT: 25km to the second crossing of the river Dee. I haven’t checked the distance to the suspension bridge. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Another metric ton with the Leicestershire CC forum lot, a cool ride up to the Tour of Britain KOM line at Keyworth plus a cruise up to the utopia round these parts that is Nice Pie Cafe!

Not really seen the rain that was forecast although the road was wet enough in places to warrant another bike and chain cleaning session.....joy!

62.3 in 3:50.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1827360774

1F35EB47-3010-4046-A800-234F0AD39AB3.jpeg

kapelmuur

Veteran
I also rode an Imperial half today. 44 miles of the short route of the Cycling Weekly sportive from Oulton Park motor racing circuit, followed by 3 warm down laps of the circuit (8 miles).

It’s always difficult to know how to dress for an early morning start at this time of year. It rained heavily yesterday and more was forecast for today so I took a variety of outfits (and the winter bike) to cope with any type of autumnal conditions. It started overcast and cool but finished in warm sun. Happily the rain stayed away.

Top Bottom