The 2018 Half Century a month Challenge chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ice2911

Über Member
7thJan Norwich Salhouse loop plus club ride from Norwich to Walcott plus the Salhouse loop again 65 miles

11thFeb
Loop, 53-11 club ride toMattishall, loop and finish withEastern Avenue. Very Windy. 62 and a bit miles 100km

25th March, just in time, Norwich Salhouse loop, then a club ride to Guist and back 67 miles or 108km Saved ride in two parts at coffee stop. Good to be out with the sun shining and drier roads :smile:

6th April with HOGOTS loop from Hethersett and home. A windy 62 miles.

May 6th
Tour de broads, 102 miles. Not the last to post this month :smile: 1 hr 15 minutes faster than last year.
Beautiful sunny day but a little blowy especially last 12 miles.

3rd June
Home to Holt and back, 62 miles

24th July 50 km with 53-11 social ride including a beer stop :smile:

3rd August a very hot MTB ride to Whitell and back on Mariotts Way 50km and yet another p*******!

September half century a Ranworth loop made special as it was my wife’s first metric half century ever. She has completed 281/300 miles for the ride 300 for cancer research in September starting from a baseline of zero and not having ridden a bike for 12 years.

Attachments

• 2A1779CB-8467-4BA4-A193-7137A0D2F13C.png
    2A1779CB-8467-4BA4-A193-7137A0D2F13C.png
    59.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
September half century a Ranworth loop made special as it was my wife’s first metric half century ever. She has completed 281/300 miles for the ride 300 for cancer research in September starting from a baseline of zero and not having ridden a bike for 12 years.
Well done Mrs Ice . Can you update the challenge thread please but got you ticked off as completed

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
1 weekend to go warning time again . We have 30 riders fully posted and 3/4 of the way there :thumbsup:. That leaves 8 riders yet to post so a nudge for @Domus ,@Ice2911 ,@kipster ,@Slick ,@slow scot ,@al3xsh ,@fatjel and @tallliman ( who I now has done a qualifying ride as I was there but not official until recorded :okay: ). Once again well done everyone :notworthy: The finish line is slowly appearing in the distance

Come on everyone - get this months ride in the bag and only 3 more rides stand between you and glory! :bravo:

kipster

Guru
1 weekend to go warning time again . We have 30 riders fully posted and 3/4 of the way there :thumbsup:. That leaves 8 riders yet to post so a nudge for @Domus ,@Ice2911 ,@kipster ,@Slick ,@slow scot ,@al3xsh ,@fatjel and @tallliman ( who I now has done a qualifying ride as I was there but not official until recorded :okay: ). Once again well done everyone :notworthy: The finish line is slowly appearing in the distance
I'm in between trips at the moment so have posted one ride up. I'll do the rest when I return from the Alps.

fatjel

Veteran
Managed to creep in again.. First grandchild born this month so been busy interfering

Got lost today and messed the garmin up trying to make it direct me home

Did an extra 10 miles but a lovely day and good few hills without suffering

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Closed the month off with a cheeky metric half - if I get out tomorrow (and it's looking unlikely) it will only be for an hour or so.
Enjoyed the ride, although parts of the route are less of a pleasure. I must have had a dozen close passes today, 3 of them downright dangerous.
Full report will appear in the usual place shortly.

The first attempt at a ride for October will be next weekends UKCE Wiggle Ay Up! Yorkshire Sportive out of Thirsk.
55 miles and 3,254ft of up. The distance shouldn't be a problem, but I'm slightly worried about those hills given my general fitness levels...still, the first 29 miles look OK ^_^
000b.JPG

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Closed the month off with a cheeky metric half - if I get out tomorrow (and it's looking unlikely) it will only be for an hour or so.
Enjoyed the ride, although parts of the route are less of a pleasure. I must have had a dozen close passes today, 3 of them downright dangerous.
Full report will appear in the usual place shortly.

The first attempt at a ride for October will be next weekends UKCE Wiggle Ay Up! Yorkshire Sportive out of Thirsk.
55 miles and 3,254ft of up. The distance shouldn't be a problem, but I'm slightly worried about those hills given my general fitness levels...still, the first 29 miles look OK ^_^
View attachment 432129

As suspected no ride today - I could probably have gotten out for an hour around 4pm but it's become very windy around here this afternoon so I didn't fancy tackling that.

I have walked just shy of 6 miles though, so I think I've earned a beer while watching the telly tonight.

Top Bottom