The 2018 Half Century a month Challenge chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Advanced end of the month warning plenty of days left but only 1 weekend . We have 26 riders fully posted up , so nudge time for @cosmicbike (ride done just needs thread updating ) ,@Osprey ,@Sbudge ,@Elysian_Roads ( please update Oct as well ) ,@RealLeeHimself ,@the stupid one ,@slow scot ,@al3xsh ,@fatjel and finally hoping @Katherine makes a miraculous recovery in time to get a ride in .
Well done everyone just 1 more ride for most of us

Thanks for the reminder. Planning on doing my 50km on Saturday (I've already done three 100kms this month so I could 'reallocate' one of those if disaster strikes).

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
I have missed a rider of the nudge list so a nudge for @dickyknees . I nearly forgot you

Domus

Guru
No frost this morning, wind had dropped (a bit) went for an adventure over Owd Bett's. Tried and tested route to Edenfield then a loop back to Edenfield via Rawtenstall and Helmshore then girded my loins for a cold rollercoaster ride to Rochdale via Owd Bett's, a pub with some history, on top of the moor. A godforsaken place when the weather is bad, not too bad today. Made it back to civilisation with all my toes in place but at one point on the moors I was in some doubt if they were all there as I lost all feeling in them. :cold:

November's 'half' completed. A decidedly slow but quite hilly 50km. I was still a bit sore after a fall on Friday and the resultant road-rash. Still it's good to just have one left for the year. That ride, I think, also takes me to 100 points across the century and half century challenges which was my total for 2017. Keep it up everyone, we're nearly there! ^_^

the stupid one

Über Member
Tuesday looks like it’s going to be my last chance, but I’ll be waiting for new bike to arrive. If it arrives early enough I will get the 50 km in during daylight/school hours. If not, I may crash out of the challenge not far from the end. Typical.

the stupid one

Über Member
Thank you gents!

My delivery slot is imminent, but when I saw I had three hours spare I went out on the Triban 500 this morning for the flattest and most straightforward fifty I could do. The headwind was a bit of a sod, mind you. But I did it. Phew.

steverob

Guru
Posting this question in here, as even though it applies to all the challenges we do on CC, I figure this thread gets the most traffic, as many people who are in other challenges are also in this one at the same time.

Who's going to be first to complete?

I've already ruled myself out of riding this weekend - combination of not being keen to cycle in the pouring rain (after a recent ride where I got caught in a downpour), plus a request to help with getting Christmas decorations down from the loft, at which point I'm sure I'll be roped in to putting them up as well.

So I was wondering if anyone was getting out on Saturday to complete their December ride as soon as possible and therefore cross the line for the year first? I suppose then you could also argue whether it's whoever completes their distance (whether 50km, 100km or 100 miles) first; whoever completes their entire ride first (because in most cases you'll ride more than the minimum required distance); or whether it is whoever posts about it here first?

Posting this question in here, as even though it applies to all the challenges we do on CC, I figure this thread gets the most traffic, as many people who are in other challenges are also in this one at the same time.

Who's going to be first to complete?

I've already ruled myself out of riding this weekend - combination of not being keen to cycle in the pouring rain (after a recent ride where I got caught in a downpour), plus a request to help with getting Christmas decorations down from the loft, at which point I'm sure I'll be roped in to putting them up as well.

So I was wondering if anyone was getting out on Saturday to complete their December ride as soon as possible and therefore cross the line for the year first? I suppose then you could also argue whether it's whoever completes their distance (whether 50km, 100km or 100 miles) first; whoever completes their entire ride first (because in most cases you'll ride more than the minimum required distance); or whether it is whoever posts about it here first?

Not doing my next ride until Sunday alas so I'm certain it won't be me. Good luck folks. ^_^

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
It's not a race but if I wasn't going for the imperial challenge on sat I'd me doing 50km . Doing the imperial with fellow ccers so I have to get home first and post so I can claim to be first ^_^.

Last edited:
Top Bottom