The 2018 Half Century a month Challenge chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
November ride banked - only 1 more to go! :okay:

Felt like hard work at times and I had to drastically alter my planned route given the wind so ended up doing a metric rather than imperial half, but it's done and that's all that matters.

Just short of the required mileage as I turned into our street at the end, so added a long loop around the block to make sure (and also as I didn't want another telling off from @13 rider :laugh:)

kipster

Guru
All updates, apologies for the delay. Its been quite a couple of months, the highlight was a few days in the Alps, absolutely stunning climbs and scenery, don't let someone else book the accommodation without challenge other wise you might end up staying in a chalet at the top of Alpe d'Huez, its great, but its a summit finish (3500ft) at the end of each day of riding. I had a cold while I was there so only rode two of the three days. The dark nights mean I'm doing a lot of zwifting, but I will be out doing proper rides whenever the weather allows. Only one more 50km ride to knock off in December, and I will complete it regardless of the weather even if it means I'm out on the 31st Dec.

gavgav

Guru
Just to get the disappointment out of the way now -
I am pretty certain that I'm out. I'll be very lucky to be back on my bike by Christmas.

:cry::bicycle::cursing:

Don't worry. The CC challenges are an amazing motivater and I'm looking forward to starting again whenever that may be .
:thumbsup::bicycle::boxing:

Good luck to everyone else.
Ride safely and enjoy.
Hoping you will be recovered ready for 2019. All the best

I am pretty certain that I'm out. I'll be very lucky to be back on my bike by Christmas.

Don't worry. The CC challenges are an amazing motivater and I'm looking forward to starting again whenever that may be .

Ride safely and enjoy.
Oh that’s a real shame! :thumbsdown:

Hope you’re back soon!!

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl

Ride safely and enjoy.
I feel your pain. heal well and thoroughly and you'll be back. i know that disappointment from the 100km challenge,

steverob

Guru

Ride safely and enjoy.

That's really sad news.

But I'm sure you can use it as motivation to be back on the bike before the end of January - can't have you missing the 2019 challenge now, can we?

Domus

Guru
A rather cold and damp 50K today, mate stayed over last night so I rode with him as far as Costa in Leigh, got there just as the rain started. He carried on home to St Helens and I found a new route home via Hindley and Westhoughton, quite a miserable solo ride in the cold drizzle. Hoping for a better ride on Sunday, my first outing with the Chorlton Wanderers.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
But I'm sure you can use it as motivation to be back on the bike before the end of January - can't have you missing the 2019 challenge now, can we?
Never fear - there will be the new annual challenge to go for if recovery takes longer than that! (Details still being finalised. It is intended to be in addition to the current challenges, not a replacement for any of them.)

Domus

Guru
No, bike rack on the car. My babysitting duties on Monday mean I have to get home, shower, eat and get over to Yorkshire (The Dark Side) on Sunday evening, get some sleep before two little monsters jump on the bed at silly-o-clock Monday morning. 13 miles each way by the way.

Katherine

Guru
No, bike rack on the car. My babysitting duties on Monday mean I have to get home, shower, eat and get over to Yorkshire (The Dark Side) on Sunday evening, get some sleep before two little monsters jump on the bed at silly-o-clock Monday morning. 13 miles each way by the way.
Enjoy !

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Another metric half in the bag today, but through my own stupidity I also managed to have the long awaited clipped in moment, and ended up sprawled all over the road. :headshake:
Scrapes and bruises, but the bike (because I know someone will ask :laugh:) is virtually unscathed, largely protected from the ravages of the tarmac by a cushion of idiot.
Thanks to the cyclist who came to my assistance and to the motorist who stopped to make sure I was OK.

So, my most painful point yet in what is possibly CycleChat's most dangerous challenge - a full report will appear in the usual place.

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Sometimes the challenge gets you questioning your sanity :crazy:. Been a bit under the weather bit of a cold . Set out this morning to get an imperial half in. First 50km was ok tailwind out and 17mph turned for home hit the headwind and the legs just went . Easy option turn in for home and do 40 miles or press on . So pressed on :banghead:of course . Made it round struggled to 50.4 miles at 14.8 mph which is probably the slowest I've ridden the road bike . But another 2 points :okay: .Time for coffee and cake and paracetamol

Top Bottom