The 2018 Half Century a month Challenge chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kapelmuur

Veteran
I really don't like cycling in cold weather and have to thank the challenge for the incentive to get out and ride, especially as I have a 100 point target.

However, I aim to do the bare minimum 50km, but it's better than going into hibernation.

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl
October was supposed to be a big month and ended up a very small month, but i did manage another 50km today, plucked up courage to meet a new (to me) Weds morning group I was aware of but hadn't turned up for. So glad I did. Chilly but nice loop around Chew Valley with a couple of hills and good company, coffee and cake. Was very pleased I made a club ride up to 100km on Sunday, again without these challenges it would be so easy to get out of sorts and then not bother going out, lose fitness and a vicious downward spiral.

Last edited:

gavgav

Guru
Got my November entry in early. Was supposed to be up in Wales this weekend, but didn’t fancy 60 mph winds, so settled for battling 40mph winds in Shropshire instead :laugh:.

Not sure the Carbon was a good idea, as it was a struggle to keep it upright with some of the gusts from the side, but made it through.

1 month to go, good luck all.

Domus

Guru
Blooming windy here too. Flattish ride to Frederick's along A6 then back home via Chorley New Road, the flatter option. Last bit was like wading through treacle. First ride since the Friday's York to Hull ride on the CR1, newly designated "The Winter Bike" It has mudguards.

Just hit 50 points, last years total for the year was 33.:wahhey:

Katherine

Guru
Just to get the disappointment out of the way now -
I am pretty certain that I'm out. I'll be very lucky to be back on my bike by Christmas.

:cry::bicycle::cursing:

Don't worry. The CC challenges are an amazing motivater and I'm looking forward to starting again whenever that may be .
:thumbsup::bicycle::boxing:

Good luck to everyone else.
Ride safely and enjoy.

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Just to get the disappointment out of the way now -
I am pretty certain that I'm out. I'll be very lucky to be back on my bike by Christmas.

:cry::bicycle::cursing:

Don't worry. The CC challenges are an amazing motivater and I'm looking forward to starting again whenever that may be .
:thumbsup::bicycle::boxing:

Good luck to everyone else.
Ride safely and enjoy.
Gutted for you 1 of the originals . Keeping hoping you heal quicker than expected

Top Bottom