The 2018 Half Century a month Challenge chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Final long(er) ride of the year for me on Sunday (just commutes left before the break) ticks the half century box for December. 55km that were distinctly wet and misty. That ride also took me to 4,500 miles for the year, and 500km/7 points more than last year. Thanks for everyone's support this year, it was tough at times but, as ever, well worth it.

Count me in for 2019! (Off to do a little diving soon)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I will reverse you a place for 2019 :okay: .
But... What would he do with an 'eclap'? :whistle:

Oops - that should have been an 'ecalp'!!!

Last edited:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
No 23 as well . Well done @Saluki
Thank you.
I was despairing at getting out, with work and the lurgy and all.

Yesterday was brilliant. On my old stamping ground and only mildly lost when I missed a turning hat I have taken 100 time before.

I hope to get another in this month as we break up on the 21st and not back until 7th Jan. That’s riding time, if you ask me.

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
Left it a bit late in the month but I did Decembers 50 on Sunday - 58Km Blaby- Countesthorpe - Wiloughby Waterlys -Cosby - Broughton Astley - Frolesworth - Claybrooke Magna - Monks Kirby - Ullesthorpe - Ashby Parva - Gilmorton - Peatling Parva - Peatling Magna - Countesthorpe - nice day for it too - sunny, not too icy, and not overly cold....quite lucky really

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Left it a bit late in the month but I did Decembers 50 on Sunday - 58Km Blaby- Countesthorpe - Wiloughby Waterlys -Cosby - Broughton Astley - Frolesworth - Claybrooke Magna - Monks Kirby - Ullesthorpe - Ashby Parva - Gilmorton - Peatling Parva - Peatling Magna - Countesthorpe - nice day for it too - sunny, not too icy, and not overly cold....quite lucky really
Yes it was not a bad day on Sunday around theses parts
Well done on completing the challenge , numbers 25 over the line

Domus

Guru
Another well earned point today. Bit of a saga, early start to catch train to Liverpool via Wigan in order to catch 10am ferry 'cross the Mersey. Fast train from Wigan to Lime Street cancelled so had to wait for slow stopping train. Got to Pier Head 3 minutes before sailing to find our friend was waiting at cruise terminal. Bought tickets as they held the ferry. VERY choppy to Seacombe then south into a viscous headwind and driving rain. Worst coffee in the world at pub in Eastham then a cracking lunch in Parkgate. The rain was even worse after lunch but the wind had eased a little. About half the route is off road on old railway lines so was on the Trek Hybrid with Marathon Pluses. Time was against us as we found we would have to wait an hour or so for a ferry back from Seacombe so caught train from New Brighton to Lime Street and again a delayed train from Wigan to Bolton got me in the house at just after 19.00. 11.5 hours after leaving home for a 73.69 Km ride.

Slick

Guru
Today looked like the best day of the weekend to get another qualifying ride in (tomorrow looks decidedly moist).

So obviously events overtook me and real life got in the way, meaning that today's riding has been limited to a snatched half hour on the turbo this afternoon.

Nevermind, eh? :rolleyes:
I've already pretty much given up, anything between now and the end of the year will be a bonus.

Top Bottom