The 2018 Half Century a month Challenge chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Give me a shout the next time you're planning to come down to Leighton Buzzard. I think I could probably come up with an interesting route and ride it with you and any others who fancy a trip.
I forgot which challenge chat we are in here! I ought to add that I'd like to keep the Leighton Buzzard rides at 100+ km to take full advantage of the flatter terrain down there. Also, it is a long way to bring my bike for a 50 km ride. So, could you bear that in mind when planning your route? I enjoyed @shirokazan's 2 metric century routes and it would be interesting to see what you come up with. (He may have already been working on a 3rd route so it would be worth comparing notes with him.)

The first 2 rides were pretty much west and south-west of LB. I have ridden some of the roads round the west side of Milton Keynes. Perhaps you could come up with a 100 km route heading out of LB south of MK and north of Luton, towards Bedford, but trying to avoid main roads and towns as much as possible?

steverob

Guru
I forgot which challenge chat we are in here! I ought to add that I'd like to keep the Leighton Buzzard rides at 100+ km to take full advantage of the flatter terrain down there. Also, it is a long way to bring my bike for a 50 km ride. So, could you bear that in mind when planning your route? I enjoyed @shirokazan's 2 metric century routes and it would be interesting to see what you come up with. (He may have already been working on a 3rd route so it would be worth comparing notes with him.)

The first 2 rides were pretty much west and south-west of LB. I have ridden some of the roads round the west side of Milton Keynes. Perhaps you could come up with a 100 km route heading out of LB south of MK and north of Luton, towards Bedford, but trying to avoid main roads and towns as much as possible?

It definitely will be a 100km route (I too forgot which thread I was in!) - after all, to get to and from Leighton Buzzard for me would be about 35km alone, so just 50km wouldn't cut it really!

Have done some routes around the Toddington/Woburn area before (to north east of LB) so might be able to come up with something interesting there, but haven't really ventured as far as Luton/Bedford yet, so not as familiar with what's out that way. Having said that, we still may want to go south a little bit just to take it some of the Chiltern climbs you haven't seen yet - they may not be as big as the ones you're used to, but they have their challenges none the less!

Had a bad couple of years riding wise but i'm feeling my mojo returning. I'll try again.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
First qualifying ride in this morning and it was a good one - apart from a suicidal squirrel that came within millimetres of getting run over. :laugh:
And of course, the best thing about getting our early on 1st January is that everyone is still in bed so the roads are nice and quiet. The second best thing is that no-one else has set any course times on Map My Ride yet, so for a (very) brief period I'm showing as fastest...;)

Top Bottom