The 2019 Half Century a month Challenge chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
First one in the bag 51.3 kms Westward through the Vale of Glamorgan lanes to Wick and back .
Bit of a shock two police vehicles passed me going down hill towards the Porthkerry viaduct my route passed along a path that goes under it. The police were dealing with some poor soul who had jumped off . The path was at least a hundred foot away from the deceased person so I didn't think it too disrespectful to carry on.

Onward through the lanes to Rhoose ,Llantwit Major ,St Donats,and Wick then back along the main road with the wind on my back to home in Barry.

IMG_1097.JPG

Looks like the brickie went to the pub at lunchtime.
IMG_1098.JPG
IMG_1101.JPG
IMG_1103.JPG

Only averaged 20 km /hour but hopefully can improve a bit on that ,not sure I really care much :-)

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
First one in the bag 51.3 kms Westward through the Vale of Glamorgan lanes to Wick and back .
Bit of a shock two police vehicles passed me going down hill towards the Porthkerry viaduct my route passed along a path that goes under it. The police were dealing with some poor soul who had jumped off . The path was at least a hundred foot away from the deceased person so I didn't think it too disrespectful to carry on.

Onward through the lanes to Rhoose ,Llantwit Major ,St Donats,and Wick then back along the main road with the wind on my back to home in Barry.

View attachment 449523
Looks like the brickie went to the pub at lunchtime.
View attachment 449524 View attachment 449525 View attachment 449527

Only averaged 20 km /hour but hopefully can improve a bit on that ,not sure I really care much :-)
Noticed you’ve got three bottle cages - did the frame come with bolts and bosses for three or have you modified it yourself?

Banjo

Noticed you’ve got three bottle cages - did the frame come with bolts and bosses for three or have you modified it yourself?
The bike is a Felt VR50 ,it came with the 3 bosses but with the compact 54cm frame you can only get one 0.75litre and 2 half litre bottles in the space.

The top cage with a red bottle in is a side entry one.

Theres another (fourth) boss on the top of the top tube.

Last edited:

Banjo

Only drank about 300 mil of water on 50 km ride yesterday.Will leave second bottle at home next month probably only needed for hot weather.

Got a black Boardman half liter bottle this morning .Red one always tasted of plastic and black will blend in with the bike colours.

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Managed a 34 mile ride last Sunday.

Since then I have been loaded with cold

Nice ride out from Market Rasen to Woodhall and left my bike at Woodhall and got a lift back with the missus after walking the hound.

No desire to do a ride today with -4 and freezing fog all day.
If your throwing your hat in the ring please post in the challenge thread and welcome on board .We Leicester CCers occasionly get out that way on our Leicester to Lincoln jaunts .

Domus

Guru
February off to flying start. Up in Grange for a few days warming up the caravan for number 3 daughter who is doing the Grizedale half marathon this weekend. Brought the bike just in case and bingo, beautiful sunny morning if not a bit chilly. A few icy patches here and there but the sun and the climbs warmed me up. Cracking clear views across the bay from Arnside before a hot climb to Silverdale for a cafe stop. Very few bikes about today usually see far more around Arnside.
Prostate surgery scheduled for Feb 20 so March will be a lean month.

Banjo

February off to flying start. Up in Grange for a few days warming up the caravan for number 3 daughter who is doing the Grizedale half marathon this weekend. Brought the bike just in case and bingo, beautiful sunny morning if not a bit chilly. A few icy patches here and there but the sun and the climbs warmed me up. Cracking clear views across the bay from Arnside before a hot climb to Silverdale for a cafe stop. Very few bikes about today usually see far more around Arnside.
Prostate surgery scheduled for Feb 20 so March will be a lean month.
Good luck with the surgery.Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Top Bottom