The 2020 Half century (50km or 50m) a month Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Well done @Katherine for doing a proper half century :smile:
I'm starting to think the days of even doing metric half centuries for me have long gone.

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Hope your all safe and well it's about time for a update with 1 weekend left in May we have 26 riders fully posted up taking into account byes used for April . Rather than nudge people who haven't posted a ride Im naming those fully posted up so if your not on the list I haven't spotted a ride in May if I miss you out just post below . Fully post up are @13 rider ,@Spinney ,@gavgav ,@aferris2 ,@Jon George ,@NorthernDave ,@Milkfloat ,@Sbudge ,@steveindenmark ,@bruce1530 ,@Bazzer ,@Noodle Legs (@Chris Doyle) ,@Saluki ,@The Bystander ,@tallliman ,@Slick ,@slow scot ,@PatrickPending ,@Cranky Knee Girl ,@C R ,@Domus ,@Houthakker ,@Jenkins ,@AndreaJ ,@footloose crow and finally @Katherine . I forgot to @Rob and Alison who are in the 12 week shielding group will get a bye for May if that period covers next weekend which I think it does . Here's hoping for a return to normality and I can become the task master I used to be before I went all soft and compassionate it couldn't last

Domus

Guru
Scorchio once again in Sunny Radcliffe, garden supplies being delivered so out a little earlier than usual managed 65 Kms with 898 metres of upness. :eek: Stopped for a drink and snack in a lay-by on the B6238 from Burnley to Rawtenstall I was hot and my HR was in the high 170s. It seems the locals use this spot as a fly tipping centre. It stank and the flies were everywhere. I soon pressed on. Back in time for lunch and the 1 tonne bag of gravel and bulk bag of bark didn't arrive 'till teatime. Typical.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Once again, I tried and failed.
The plan was to get to Brindle and back via some offroading (sorry, GRAVEL RIDING :tongue:) & onroading but that bloody diabetes had other plans. By the time I reached Tockholes I'd been through my stash of jelly babies and chocolate and decided to turn back home through Belmont again.
It's almost like life doesn't want me to do 50k in one go. :banghead:

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I did May today. Finally. However, my exact mileage is unknown because the batteries in the etrex died shortly before getting home.
Planning the route on cycle.travel gave me a 52.5k ride and I followed it to the last inch.
I'll leave it in @13 rider 's capable hands as to whether it's allowed or not.

STOP PRESS!!!
Having uploaded to RwGPS, the etrex recorded 50.8k before the batteries died. ^_^

Last edited:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Well, I got another qualifying ride in today - that's 3 this month!
I can't remember last time I reached such giddy heights.
If things carry on like this I'll be catching @13 rider up with my points tally :laugh:

Really enjoyed it, and absolutely glorious weather again for a bike ride.

Concluded a good month’s outdoor cycling with a sunny spin around the roads of North Notts/ South Yorks, forming a loop through the likes of Doncaster, Finningley and Bawtry to name but a few. Heading out of Bawtry towards Harworth I hit a big piece of glass big enough to blow out my tyre, a 3/4 inch gash was the result of that episode!
Thinking quickly I used a scab puncture patch to fill the hole and replaced the also-gashed tube and winged it for the 10 miles back to shireoaks and the safety of my waiting car. A cracking day for it, fresh breezes, wall to wall sunshine and quite a pacey one by my standards.

50.3 in 2:47.

Last edited:
Hope your all safe and well it's about time for a update with 1 weekend left in May we have 26 riders fully posted up taking into account byes used for April . Rather than nudge people who haven't posted a ride Im naming those fully posted up so if your not on the list I haven't spotted a ride in May if I miss you out just post below . Fully post up are @13 rider ,@Spinney ,@gavgav ,@aferris2 ,@Jon George ,@NorthernDave ,@Milkfloat ,@Sbudge ,@steveindenmark ,@bruce1530 ,@Bazzer ,@Noodle Legs (@Chris Doyle) ,@Saluki ,@The Bystander ,@tallliman ,@Slick ,@slow scot ,@PatrickPending ,@Cranky Knee Girl ,@C R ,@Domus ,@Houthakker ,@Jenkins ,@AndreaJ ,@footloose crow and finally @Katherine . I forgot to @Rob and Alison who are in the 12 week shielding group will get a bye for May if that period covers next weekend which I think it does . Here's hoping for a return to normality and I can become the task master I used to be before I went all soft and compassionate it couldn't last

Thanks for the reminder @13rider
We have both managed a 50km ride this month, just hadn't got around to posting them up, Alison on the Turbo again, and Rob sneaked out on the road for his. We are hoping that we will both be back on the road again in June.
Will update the ride thread now.

Domus

Guru
Couldn't resist another sunny day 👍 With the wind from the east I looked out a new route eastwards to hopefully pick up a tail wind on the way back. Up past Hollingworth Lake, lots of queuing for ice creams, then on the road to Toddy, turned left at Walsden for a hot and sweaty 250 metre climb. :sun: Through Bacup and returned home for a late lunch. If I picked up a tail wind I didn't notice. :wacko:

Top Bottom