The 2020 Half century (50km or 50m) a month Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aferris2

Guru
November ride done. Just one more to go!
I've sort of got stuck on doing 60km which fits in with the Lunacy challenge so today I was determined to go for the imperial 50. It's only my second ride of this length this year so woefully short compared to previous years.
Lots of sunshine today which made it feel very warm and hardly any wind for a change. Managed to miss a road closure during the planning phase but fortunately there was a path round them. Roadworks.org says emergency access mantained at all times. Not sure how they will get across the many 3ft wide ditches across the whole road...

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I was going to have a quiet weekend with minimal cycling following 7 consecutive days of commuting (about 190 miles) and a 33 mile mountain bike ride the Friday before, with the wind having taken it out of my legs. However, with today bringing bright sunshine & light winds there was no way I was going to have the day indoors so the imperial 50 got done.

Domus

Guru
A dry but misty morning in Sunny Radcliffe so off over Rivington by way for a change. A few braver souls than me in shorts but glad I had bib tights on when I had my first "visit" for over 4 years. Rear wheel went all lumpy on me in Horwich. Found a nice picnic table at a pub to put my gear on. Nothing obvious found after several minutes of feeling my way inside the tyre so put it down to a dodgy valve. New tube fitted and on my way. Ten Kms later..........oh no. As I was only 5 Kms for home and no other tube to hand, I pumped it up and got about 2 Kms further on, pumped up again and made it home. After a late lunch and a hot shower in the quiet and well lit garage the offending piece of very fine wire was located as it punctured my finger. All is now well and two tubes ready for repair later on. Heres hoping for another 4 years.

We've decided to carry on riding outdoors this lockdown, Alison was 'shielding' last time, but this time round that seems to have gone by the board, so just the two(ok 3) of us and carrying all supplies. That means we have done Novembers qualifier and even ,
managed to post it up without the need for a reminder!!

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
November's done, went or one of my easier rides as I'd done a 13k run the day before so was already tired...plus it was wet and windy...

106Km Blaby - Wiloughby Waterlys - Ashby Magna - Dunton Bassett - Leire - Ashby Parva - Frolesworth - Claybrooke Magna - Monks Kirby -Withybrook - Shilton - Brinklow -Caithron - Easenhall- Brinklow -Caithron - Easenhall (again)-Pailton - Claybrooke Parva - Ullesthorpe -Gilmorton - Kimcote - Bruntingthorpe -Peatling Magna - Countesthorpe - Blaby almost identical to last month but lost 2k somewhere and got considerably wetter!

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
I've finally updated the challenge thread.....doing a lot better points wise than I expected to be honest. Not going to beat my best years but not far off.

Hoping to get out tomorrow but struggling with motivation now the nights are drawing in so much.
It only took 10 reminders :laugh::okay:
120 points is not that shabby considering everything we've been through this year

Top Bottom