The 2021 Half Century (50km or 50m) a month challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Never to late @PatrickPending ,welcome back

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Last edited:
Wow, don’t think I’ve ever known you to take a day off the bike, let alone 10! Rest well and recover mate, back injuries are awful -especially in the wrong place - and I can empathise first hand with you on this!
I’m taking a week off myself to recover from concussion and overtraining so suffice to say that I won’t be doing anything else for Feb.

How did you get the concussion? Nothing bad I hope?

How did you get the concussion? Nothing bad I hope?
Whacked the back of my head under the boom of a mini digger trying to duck under it a couple of weeks ago. Obviously I didn’t duck enough.... was ok for a couple of days but then started feeling dizzy and getting blurry vision. Got checked over at LRI but wasn’t scanned as the doc was satisfied it was mild symptoms after a few tests. I’m over the worst of it now but that, and overdoing it on Zwift has wiped me out!

Monthly update time
With @PatrickPending late entry we are up to 34 riders in the challenge
27 riders are fully posted up for February ,2 riders @AndreaJ and @tallliman have completed rides but not updated the challenge thread . Which leaves 5 riders yet to post so a nudge for @Sbudge ,@Saluki ,@Rob and Alison ,@slow scot and @LeetleGreyCells .
Well done everyone hopefully the weather improving

The weather and a knee injury have out us under pressure for this and the metric century, but.... 2 days and 2 rides it still should be doable.

Whacked the back of my head under the boom of a mini digger trying to duck under it a couple of weeks ago. Obviously I didn’t duck enough.... was ok for a couple of days but then started feeling dizzy and getting blurry vision. Got checked over at LRI but wasn’t scanned as the doc was satisfied it was mild symptoms after a few tests. I’m over the worst of it now but that, and overdoing it on Zwift has wiped me out!

Ouch!! Hope you get better soon dude!! Concussion is frustrating, make sure you're fully recovered before starting up again.

Willd

Veteran
The thermometer on the shed said 22 :rolleyes: (in the sun), if only, 7 when the shade returned. Still a lovely day, needed sunglasses for the first time this year:becool:
Went through somewhere not even on the map yet - Houlton. Lazy OS :whistle:
1614435704253.png

A week’s R&R done and feeling a little more refreshed following my recent issues, the original plan was to start back up tomorrow. However this spell of cracking weather was simply too alluring and I quickly knocked up a route with a view to completing a few Midlands climbs that I had yet to do.
And off out I went.
The relaxed pace, general good feeling and good weather meant that my planned route was revised and thus extended to pull in another nearby climb on top of the three planned ones. Once this extra one was done it was pretty much back the way I came, branching off near oxton to pick up George’s hill in nearby Calverton. From here it was back through Nottingham and negotiating the many cycle paths out of the city. These are a safe bet around the city centre but they don’t half slow you down!
Once out of Nottingham I rode home back the way I came, with only a few minor deviations to cut down any more climbing as I’d done what I’d set out to do and didn’t want to overcook myself again.

Just a smidge under 105 miles today with 4,600ft of up.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
A week’s R&R done and feeling a little more refreshed following my recent issues, the original plan was to start back up tomorrow. However this spell of cracking weather was simply too alluring and I quickly knocked up a route with a view to completing a few Midlands climbs that I had yet to do.
And off out I went.
The relaxed pace, general good feeling and good weather meant that my planned route was revised and thus extended to pull in another nearby climb on top of the three planned ones. Once this extra one was done it was pretty much back the way I came, branching off near oxton to pick up George’s hill in nearby Calverton. From here it was back through Nottingham and negotiating the many cycle paths out of the city. These are a safe bet around the city centre but they don’t half slow you down!
Once out of Nottingham I rode home back the way I came, with only a few minor deviations to cut down any more climbing as I’d done what I’d set out to do and didn’t want to overcook myself again.

Just a smidge under 105 miles today with 4,600ft of up.
How'd you feel afterwards? Any signs of the concussion?

I ask as I have a loooong history of pushing too hard, too quickly and not taking enough rest :okay:

How'd you feel afterwards? Any signs of the concussion?

I ask as I have a loooong history of pushing too hard, too quickly and not taking enough rest :okay:
No obvious symptoms, felt much more myself on that front! I’d been overdoing it on Zwift for a few weeks and it caught up big time last weekend so I made a conscious effort to take time out and rest. The fact that I could barely hold a tempo effort for more than 10 minutes was a massive red flag for me.

Top Bottom