The 2021 Half Century (50km or 50m) a month challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think I'd forgotten to update the ride thread in an age, possibly all year. Still, better late than never!

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Monthly update time ,we have 29 riders fully posted up ( including @tallliman :ohmy:) ,2 riders with rides done yet to update the challenge thread in @AndreaJ and @cosmicbike . Nudge time for @Sbudge and @Nomadski. Unfortunately we have a retiree this month in @Noodle Legs due to an health condition
Well done everyone who's up to date including @slow scot
Halfway next month it's practically downhill from there :laugh:

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
Just got back from doing a 50 mile route! Unfortunately, for the purpose of this challenge, it was on my motorbike. :whistle: (To run-in some new tyres.) Joking aside, it's one I intend to complete some time this year on bicycle, because the views are fantastic. (On the other hand, I encountered a pothole that was more akin to a trench than anything else. Luckily, I was checking down my speed on the corners due to the tyres.)

Monthly update time ,we have 29 riders fully posted up ( including @tallliman :ohmy:) ,2 riders with rides done yet to update the challenge thread in @AndreaJ and @cosmicbike . Nudge time for @Sbudge and @Nomadski. Unfortunately we have a retiree this month in @Noodle Legs due to an health condition
Well done everyone who's up to date including @slow scot
Halfway next month it's practically downhill from there :laugh:

I'll try and remember to update things before September!! :laugh::laugh:

aferris2

Guru
Another ride for May. I was given the choice of either going for a ride or emptying the pond - which I filled with rubble and earth before we went to Aus. Seemed to be fairly warm in the sunshine so decided to head to Maldon. Didn't seem to be too much wind, but Maldon was obviously keeping the wind for itself. Felt much stronger on the coastal path and it was almost cold so didn't hang around long.
Wanted to find a nice pub for lunch on the way back but everywhere was closed. Not sure if they just haven't opened yet, or are now closed for good. Would be a shame if this were the case.
Not good planning on distances this time. Reached the village with 71 km on the clock which is just too close to the 80ish needed for the imperial 50. Up and down a couple of the roads then a loop of the square and home on 82km.
The weather's looking good for the coming week so should be a good opportunity to get June done. Going to see my Mum tomorrow (first time since about this time in 2019!), then 2nd jab on Tuesday lunchtime. Think I'll aim for Wednesday...

Domus

Guru
Lovely day today in Sunny Radcliffe. Rode over to Burnley then up to Deerplay for a nice coffee stop in Weir on the descent into Bacup back home through Rochdale for a very nice 69 Kms and 850 metres of upness.

Posted my other two rides this month in Cumbria. Wi-Fi is poor up in the caravan. The ride to Coniston was perhaps bit too much it was hot and the 1100 metres of climbing did for me. I was goosed when I got back. The last short climb up to the caravan is a bit steep, the Wahoo beeped and the message Ride Paused came up as I was still pedalling. :wacko:

Gibbo9

Veteran
Did not think I would get out today being as how it has rained incessantly for the last 4 days. Woke up to some sunshine though which quickly dried the roads and cycle ways. Managed to get out at 12 for what would have to be an extended lunch break. Some very dark clouds were looking very menacing but I seemed to be skirting them at every turn, the odd drop but nothing to get me wet.

That changed at the 42km mark when I got caught in an absolute deluge. So bad I had to pour the water out my shoes when I got home :-)

Pinch and a punch for the first of the month and all that.

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Got June's banker ride today not sure how much riding I will get this month so a day off work ,sunshining a ride was needed . Lacking motivation I headed to my favourite cafe which is the perfect distance from home 16 miles so there and back after coffee and cake and job done . I won't mention being completely blanked by a fellow halfer out doing his June ride you now who you are
Congratulations to @Gibbo9 the first to post but I think he has a time difference advantage so honourable mention to @Eribiste who out early to get his ride in
For all us UK based riders to nice to here @Gibbo9 got wet on a ride but I bet even the rain was warm not like the UK bloody cold stuff

Gibbo9

Veteran
Got June's banker ride today not sure how much riding I will get this month so a day off work ,sunshining a ride was needed . Lacking motivation I headed to my favourite cafe which is the perfect distance from home 16 miles so there and back after coffee and cake and job done . I won't mention being completely blanked by a fellow halfer out doing his June ride you now who you are
Congratulations to @Gibbo9 the first to post but I think he has a time difference advantage so honourable mention to @Eribiste who out early to get his ride in
For all us UK based riders to nice to here @Gibbo9 got wet on a ride but I bet even the rain was warm not like the UK bloody cold stuff

This made me chuckle. Correct @13 rider I am 7 hours ahead of you guys so do have a distinct advantage. Kudos to @Eribiste who must have been out very early indeed.

And yes the rain is very warm, however it is also of biblical proportions ^_^

Top Bottom