The 2022 Half Century (50km or 50M) a month challenge chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
First 50km ride done as promised up thread a hilly Cornish ride .Exploring the quiet lanes 40 miles with just the 3900ft of upness just up or down very little flat

aferris2

Guru
September done. What an enjoyable ride even when I almost had to force myself to get out, It's just too easy to find some excuse to remain at home and do nothing.
Slightly nervous even before I started because both tyres were really down on air. The bike's been in the van all through the hot weather so probably got more than a little warm. Anyway, pumped the tyres up and hoped for the best.
Stuck to what is becoming my normal route but almost came unstuck on the final climb back home. Road completely blocked with a burst water main and a gaggle of water company vans. Quick detour through the front garden of the nearest house and I was through.

Chap sur le velo

Über Member
I included a trip to the Road Circuit at the Olympic Park as part of my 50kms ride this month.
My first visit and £6 for the 1mile road circuit buys you as long as you want on smooth roads, with everyone heading in same direction and fun corners.
There's approx 100m of Climbing for every 10kms cycled which is roughly equivalent to a ride through the hillier parts of Essex The max elevation I saw on my Wahoo was 6% but only briefly. Was very quiet until about 6.30pm when the after work brigade arrived. Never crowded and some were doing impressive speeds.

Enjoyed pushing myself; would had had difficulty holding a conversation and managed 30.98kms in 59'59"(too quick on the pause button!).

https://www.strava.com/activities/7813550894

At some point I will have an hour on the Redbridge one which I think is hillier.

All my riding for September in 1 week -added three others for a total of 167kms. October will be even less!

Off the mark for September with a cheeky (near) 40 miler through local lanes that I like to call “Riding through lots of BS.” A lot of the places began with either B or S so it seemed like a good pun 🤣

Strong westerly winds today so as this was essentially a north-south loop it was largely a crosswind throughout, although it did seem that an eastbound section of the ride near home was head on 🤔

Getting further rides and points for the remainder of this year’s challenge is up in the air for me as I navigate through a particularly difficult and challenging time in my life, but fingers crossed I can still get it done!

Last edited:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
My latest qualifying ride today...
1663610047966.png

Or exactly 96km - 1 per year of HM's life on the day of her funeral.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
This is possible the only time I will not berate you for not completing the 100kms . Nice mark of respect

I did wonder whether you would notice, but I changed to the 96km target when I thought about it on the way home- it took a couple of circuits of a local estate to get the correct distance.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Early monthly round up ,as the last weekend falls quite early I like to give the nudgees plenty of warning
We have 32 riders fully posted up for Sept leaving 4 riders on the nudge list
So nudges for @PatrickPending ,@Cranky Knee Girl ,@Gibbo9 and @T4tomo
Well done everyone 3/4 of the way there

Indeed its Sunday or bust for me as Hockey season has started now and holidays took out the opening 2 weekends. Did a quick 20 miler ahead of the funeral last weekend, the OH didn't want to do any more.

Top Bottom