The Apprentice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
With economic, political and environmental uncertainty, and a baby on the way, my wife is understandably anxious for the future. Last night we watched the Apprentice and she says she's now lost all faith in humanity.
If you think that lot are bad, you should have seen some of the dotards that didn’t make it to the show. I was put into the ‘rooms of doom’ with some true ‘gems’. Notably, a white rapper called “spike”. His business Idea was to launch a clothing empire, based on his ‘act’ which was essentially a white boy, talking like a black boy. Or my personal favourite, a girl from the Philippines, who’s pitch was pretty much “Oh Hi, I Ting Tong, I from Philippines yeah, I don’t have no business idea, I just wan be on T.V. meet Lord Sugar yeah, I love Lord Sugar” or words to that effect.

I expect it was more because they didn't want the fact that it's not a programme about a serious business proposition to finally be exposed.
No way, Heretic, burn the witch:laugh:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I expect it was more because they didn't want the fact that it's not a programme about a serious business proposition to finally be exposed.

That may be so, but what is also so is six of the eight people Sugar has backed with cash have gone on to run successful businesses.

My suspicion is Sugar can spot a half-decent proposition a mile off, and he picks the 'winner' based on that, not what they do in the tasks.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Just watching this because I used to live in Malta. How can "the girls" pretend to be businesswomen when it takes them so long to decide how many packets of salt they need to make 10 kg!

Evidence of a generation with a depressing lack of numeracy.

Which runs in tandem with evidence we see on here every day of a depressing lack of literacy - among some.

No doubt they can all twitbook for England, but read, write, and add up?

No chance.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Just watching this because I used to live in Malta. How can "the girls" pretend to be businesswomen when it takes them so long to decide how many packets of salt they need to make 10 kg!
I don't think I could do even that simple mental arithmetic with everybody shouting like that.

I used to like it. But this series looks like being very similar to last years, in that there is not one of the candidates who sticks out as being likeable. They are a bunch of attention seeking, arrogant, nobbers. Which takes away some of the pleasure of viewing because you just want to see them ALL being fired!

Isn't this why we watch it?
The wife and I place bets on who's going to get fired, looser has to load / unload the dishwasher.
(this is usually decided by Bop-it 1-on-1)

I was interviewed for this series, back in March. It was a fun process, but clearly all about an entertainment show, and stuff all to do with a serious business proposition.

A friend of mine interviewed a year or two back, decided he didn't want to be away from home for the length of time required.

If you think that lot are bad, you should have seen some of the dotards that didn’t make it to the show. I was put into the ‘rooms of doom’ with some true ‘gems’. Notably, a white rapper called “spike”. His business Idea was to launch a clothing empire, based on his ‘act’ which was essentially a white boy, talking like a black boy. Or my personal favourite, a girl from the Philippines, who’s pitch was pretty much “Oh Hi, I Ting Tong, I from Philippines yeah, I don’t have no business idea, I just wan be on T.V. meet Lord Sugar yeah, I love Lord Sugar” or words to that effect.
And your brilliant pitch was?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
It's fun to watch, in a OMG, are you for real???? kinda way :smile:
Was glad that one got sacked ... must be a flipping nightmare to work with!!!

So why is he such an unsuccessful businessman?

The chap has a rolls and a chopper having started selling wooden blocks as kindling in London as a kid
He's more of a successful businessman than I am.
Amstrad makes 90% of the skyboxes in the UK, he's not buying and selling companies on the same scale as Branston (who's nearly gone bust a few times) or as cutting edge as Musk but he's not bad at business and admits to the odd error.

Top Bottom