The bakers' thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Baking technical term? :okay:

Yeah LOL :laugh:

It's easier to say instead of tip out of banneton into clay baker, score, put lid on baker and put ensemble in the oven. :biggrin:

Bread is lovely btw, had about a third of a loaf with a pot of cullen skink :hungry:

MikeG

Guru
A bit lop-sided today. Granary (100g wholemeal, 100g white, 300g granary flour):

fK7JI4R.jpg

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Of course there are alternatives to going out on the Friday Fry Up ride................such as setting up the turbo in the shower. Several advantages including warm wet stuff!!!!!

Still got a good chunk of the granary loaf left (it's very nice - I do love the Duchy Organics flour) but have a loaf on to give to a dear friend tomorrow.

Will try the tiger bread after the weekend.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
A first go at Chelsea buns.

image.jpeg

One or two slightly well done but our oven seems a bit like that. I can make four large Yorkshire puddings. Three will rise wonderfully whilst the other is like a soggy mess. They have been tested and graded as good.

A first go at Chelsea buns.

View attachment 406657

One or two slightly well done but our oven seems a bit like that. I can make four large Yorkshire puddings. Three will rise wonderfully whilst the other is like a soggy mess. They have been tested and graded as good.

I wouldn't mind one too... :hungry: Just right with a :cuppa:

I'll need to make some, I think. We have a tradition chez Casa Reynard of eating chelsea buns while watching the final of the world snooker going back to the Hendry v White finals.

Oh yeah, I made a honey rye today. Overnight ferment of 150g rye and 150g white with 300g water and a pinch of yeast. Then added to 50g rye and 250g white, plus 2tbsp oil, 2tbsp honey, 12g salt, 70g water and 7g DA yeast. Nom, nom, nom...

OP
OP
glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
A posh lemon drizzle cake? Who cares, looks totally lush :hungry:

It turns out to be a little disappointing in the flavour department. Texture's lovely but there's not much lemoniness to it. I blame myself for buying the limoncello from Sainsburys as it turns out it's not Italian but made in France. I really should have known better. I've tried the limoncello and it's harsh with little flavour.

Here's the recipe I followed (just make sure you use a decent limoncello): https://www.shipton-mill.com/baking/recipes/lemon-limoncello-cake.htm

I'll need to buy some proper stuff when I'm in Italy next month...

Top Bottom