The bakers' thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Julia9054

Guru
Yeah - I wouldn’t have bought them myself but they are a fun present.
Al got a Danish cook book so we just had them with home made gravlax

D0EE4C4F-9BE8-4AE3-8FE7-CE168BF6199C.jpeg

ED2AC149-603A-4EBD-9BB8-AD58EDA55D36.jpeg

I make gravlax too, but using the Hairy Bikers' recipe from their 12 days of Christmas book. OK, gravlax is for life, not just for Christmas LOL! :hungry: Actually got half a side of salmon (another YS acquisition) curing in the fridge at the moment. Because I ran out of freezer space... :blush:

When I made sourdough last weekend I was a bit short on starter. Last night I deliberately over fed the starter….

View attachment 674434

I think it's developed language skills... :laugh:

Failing that, waffles! :hungry:

Reactions: C R

Always Cross

Veteran
Can someone help please my wife gave me a 2.25kg Pullman pan with a lid for Christmas. I’m going to make Bake with Jack tin loaf recipe, that is a recipes to make two loaves if I keep it as one to use with the Pullman pan I know it’s not quite enough dough. How long would I bake it for as the loaf is double the size. Or does anyone have a recipe for a 2.25kg loaf?

OP
OP
glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Can someone help please my wife gave me a 2.25kg Pullman pan with a lid for Christmas. I’m going to make Bake with Jack tin loaf recipe, that is a recipes to make two loaves if I keep it as one to use with the Pullman pan I know it’s not quite enough dough. How long would I bake it for as the loaf is double the size. Or does anyone have a recipe for a 2.25kg loaf?

Are you sure it’s a 2.25kg tin? That would bake an enormous loaf!

Can you post the external dimensions of its HxWxD? My pullman tin (a 2lb tin) is 11cm x 11.5cm x 20.5cm and makes a standard loaf, typically using around 450g flour and 300ml water. When I use that Jack Sturgess recipe for two smaller loafs, I use my two 1lb tins.

Top Bottom