The bakers' thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Always Cross

Veteran
Have you done that before and does it work after coming out of the freezer. I’d be scared of killing mine after keeping it alive for 8 years.

+1 for pinch of yeast, long bulk ferment. Similar results for a fraction of the faff.

I do miss sourdough waffles drenched in maple syrup though... :blush:

Always Cross

Veteran
Nice and bubbly ready to use

28083668-727F-499B-A7E2-D6A36FE969B8.jpeg

Always Cross

Veteran
No your ok I’m happy with mine thanks for the offer. Mine I seem to be able to forget it in the fridge then go back to it. Wet starters just get on my nerves and don’t work for me.

Last edited:

Always Cross

Veteran
Here you go fed starter last night. Started baking process this morning the end result. I used the Ninja 15 in 1 to save electric. The loaf was slightly too big for it so it caught the top of the loaf. Next time I would make it smaller to fit the Ninja.

565636E1-CDF6-4BE3-8688-E4A5A73961E4.jpeg

Tom B

Guru
+1 for pinch of yeast, long bulk ferment. Similar results for a fraction of the faff.

I use that method for all sorts.. I've slow cold proved dough for a week and it was great if trying to climb out of the fridge even when I set it to 2°c

I've also used a slow cold prove warmed to room temp, added yeast and flour and water to double the qty.

Local pretzel god uses a bit of sourdough and a bit of yeast to give it a boost.

I use that method for all sorts.. I've slow cold proved dough for a week and it was great if trying to climb out of the fridge even when I set it to 2°c

I've also used a slow cold prove warmed to room temp, added yeast and flour and water to double the qty.

Local pretzel god uses a bit of sourdough and a bit of yeast to give it a boost.

Likewise - unless I'm in a tearing hurry. Because it means I can make the dough and leave it to get on with itself, usually overnight, while I catch up on stuff / beauty sleep etc.

Added bonus, the long ferment gives the bread better keeping qualities.

Top Bottom