The bakers' thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I forgot about that. Soz.

Was it nice?

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Currently baking in the oven is a loaf. It’s slightly experimental ‘cos I only had 300 grams of bread flour, so I made the difference with white self raising flour.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Here’s the result, sunk a little in the middle, but made a nice light loaf with a nice crust and a nutty sort of taste.

F6AEE7D3-544F-4601-B511-01DCEF09823F.jpeg
3F2512E6-53F1-446A-A958-89B7F0216E29.jpeg

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Recently made a cake from a Paul Hollywood book, based on a Polish recipe apparently.
It's a spinach cake topped with pistachio and pomegranate seeds, which sounds disgusting but is delicious.
Firstly the base with the top cut off (you use the top to blitz with the pistachio and then put on the pomegranate)
20190401_123125.jpg

Then the finished cake
20190401_124257.jpg

I made as my wife had the local WI committee meeting at our house and was a bit nervous as WIs have the reputation of being top bakers. However they raved about it and seemed to like it as they only left this bit (they also had a lemon polenta cake to scoff).
20190401_215554.jpg

Apparently at the end of the meeting they were deciding where to hold the next and my wife piped up "we could have it here again"!!!
No!!!!!!

OP
OP
glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Bit of a different fruit scone here, made using Bowmore 17 yr old single malt...

If ever you needed smellivision, this is where it would come into its own.
Lightly smokey, vanilla and toffee scented, they are phenomenal.
Soft and fluffy inside, perfect when still warm, with plenty butter.

image.jpeg

Top Bottom