The Bassist and Guitarist thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Now you've given me "Jilted John" as an earworm!
Aaaarrrrgggghhhhhh.....
^_^
I was working in a factory at the time, not far from an irritable little machinist named Gordon. Radio 1 would be playing from 5 or 6 radios dotted round the shop floor.

Every time the Jilted John single came on, we all swivelled round, pointed at him, and sang "Gordon is a moron"... He didn't think it was funny! :laugh:

I was working in a factory at the time, not far from an irritable little machinist named Gordon. Radio 1 would be playing from 5 or 6 radios dotted round the shop floor.

Every time the Jilted John single came on, we all swivelled round, pointed at him, and sang "Gordon is a moron"... He didn't think it was funny! :laugh:
Poor bugger!
^_^

delb0y

Legendary Member
I have that Jilted John record... I recall the B-Side ("Going Steady") wasn't bad. Just looked it up - and it turns out that, originally, Jilted John was the B-Side.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Done a couple of hours practice as well. Some scales, then playing along to my special bass playlist set to shuffle.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member

Everyone was singing it at school when it was in the charts. Then it turned out someone's dad was called Gordon, so we sang it even more.

It would probably get banned these days; although the joke is supposed to be on John, the lyrics are rather misogynistic!

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Finish the relic job on the Jazz. Even went as far as rubbing coffee into the white paint on the control knobs to make them look grubby with age. Then celebrated with an hour's practice.

Top Bottom