The Bassist and Guitarist thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Why not? Although if you can pick up a s/h Yamaha BB425, they are great, with massive P-bass tone to spare. Slimmish necks too, although if you've big mitts, might actually be too slim.
I do have big mitts! Im plabning a Rickenbacker with the moneymive got coming from suing the givernment, maybe even a 4004LK if I can find one, but a cheap and very cheerful HB as a crimbo pressie would keep me interested.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I do have big mitts! Im plabning a Rickenbacker with the moneymive got coming from suing the givernment, maybe even a 4004LK if I can find one, but a cheap and very cheerful HB as a crimbo pressie would keep me interested.

I’ve never felt the pull of a Rickenbacker but I can understand you’re drawn to it because of Lemmy. That was a smart move giving them to The Beatles, otherwise the brand might have languished in relative obscurity. I’d be interested of your take On the Harley Benton MM copy and of course the Rick when you get it.
The enhanced series is pretty good by all accounts and this Sandberg California copy may be worth a look:
https://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_enhanced_mp_5eb_creme.htmhttps://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_enhanced_mp_5eb_creme.htm

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member

delb0y

Legendary Member
Did a short session on local radio this evening to promote this weekend's gig (unless Boris scuppers it tomorrow). Was nice to be playing "out" again ( there were two of us). Even had a pint in a pub afterwards. It was just like the old days!

delb0y

Legendary Member
Well the gig went ahead, and thoroughly enjoyable it was too. Great reactions and a lot of fun, but bloody cold - we were in a pub garden for the last gig in the pub's short summer series. That's it, I guess, for six months. It's just too cold and windy and wet to do outdoor socially distanced gigs now. Glad I got one in, though. Forgot how much fun it is.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
My neighbours have complained about my bass practice. They were ever so polite about it, so I knocked the session on the head. I'll either use headphones, or set it up to play through the computer and keep the amp and cab for gigging :hyper:

Top Bottom