The Bassist and Guitarist thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I use this little Blackstar fly3 @Drago sounds decent enough. I’ve got the one with the additional speaker which supposedly doubles the output but I can’t tell much difference to the single unit. Should keep the neighbours happy :smile:.

delb0y

Legendary Member
Have you fellow G&B players seen that Sky Arts is now free on Freeview (Channel 11). Lots of great music documentaries - many repeats from many years ago. I did notice a Grateful Dead documentary on the listing.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I've got a Behringer USB interface, so I can play into that, the signal mixes in the computer, and through the magic of witchraft the computer speakers play the music along with my awesome bass playing.

If that's sufficient, great. But you get pitch change, tempo change, section loop for fiddly bit learning, built-in effects, etc etc. And unlike my older one, uou can record uour efforts too. You can already do that via the Behringer and Audacity or similar, of course. I bought an interface for remote work during lockdown. Unused...

avecReynolds531

Veteran
RIP another great bassist: Francis Rocco Prestia.

From the San Francisco CBS local: 'Inspired by bassists like Motown’s James Jamerson, Prestia developed a style of playing that utilized a mix of “staccato 16th notes, ghost notes and muted left hand techniques,” according to Bass Musician Magazine. Prestia and drummer David Garibaldi became the band’s rhythmic backbone for its hard-driving funk sound....
His syncopated style would prove to be a substantial influence on other bass players during the 1970s, most prominently Jaco Pastorious, who incorporated Prestia’s approach in his own busy contrapuntal playing.'

With David Garibaldi, an incredible rhythm section in a great band - Tower of Power.

Top Bottom